• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    a few weeks before that, just before it went from 5k to 11k you said it was going to drop..
    I still stand by that prediction.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Originally posted by Lance View Post
      Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      So hit $12k just as I said a week ago or so. Where to now? $7k seems like a no brainer.
      a few weeks before that, just before it went from 5k to 11k you said it was going to drop.
      I still stand by that prediction.
      Scooter's methodology is similar to reading these two books, and knowing everything....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Scooter's methodology is an ongoing test of the infinite monkey theorem
        Fixd.

Comment

I've given up looking at past performance. Every time I have I've been burnt and ended up trading at almost exactly the wrong time.

Bitcoin has a constantly shifting market, one is as well off predicting the price as a child throwing a dart onto a board with a bar chart stapled to it in order to best guess the next value, where it stops and ends.

This market relies entirely on sentiment and is controlled by a few very large parties who can swoop in and double the value then evacuate as rapidly as they came in, halving it again.

I went back in at 7k, should've held out when I was in at 4 but disinvested due to calls for 2k and under (which we then never saw). My take is, if you want to be in - put some in, stay in, forget about it and come back in a few months. Sure keep an eye on the price and if it's attractive enough, sell, but otherwise wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            I've given up looking at past performance. Every time I have I've been burnt and ended up trading at almost exactly the wrong time.

Bitcoin has a constantly shifting market, one is as well off predicting the price as a child throwing a dart onto a board with a bar chart stapled to it in order to best guess the next value, where it stops and ends.

This market relies entirely on sentiment and is controlled by a few very large parties who can swoop in and double the value then evacuate as rapidly as they came in, halving it again.

I went back in at 7k, should've held out when I was in at 4 but disinvested due to calls for 2k and under (which we then never saw). My take is, if you want to be in - put some in, stay in, forget about it and come back in a few months. Sure keep an eye on the price and if it's attractive enough, sell, but otherwise wait it out.
            Hodl for Lambos!

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
              I've given up looking at past performance. Every time I have I've been burnt and ended up trading at almost exactly the wrong time..
              Don't time, buy and bury is best for an investor. If you still can't help yourself trying to time, dollar cost average in. Buy x amount every week. Beyond that, track what you've bought and by that don't just rely looking at a balance every now and again.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If you truly believe it's going to the moon, every crash and pullback is a once in a lifetime buying opportunity. Pile in and do it big style.

Of course, if you are wrong, and it's the most manipulated, unregulated, pile of over-hyped tulip in the history of humankind....well, need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  need I say more?
                  scootie's cretinism isn't just for Christmas, so I'd venture that you'll need to say more.

Comment

Yoz are awfully bitter. Simply put if you'd bought from post 1, you'd be making technical decisions rather than acting on emotions.

Comment

G20 approves rules to require crypto exchanges to provide government agencies with personal info of those transacting, sold as targeting those involved with money laundering and terrorism () but also no doubt aiding them collect due taxes on capital gains.

G20 approves rules to shake up cryptocurrency industry | IT PRO

The centralised exchanges have always been a weak point, hence all the dodgy ones 'losing' peoples cryptos. I wonder if the decentralised services will be in a position to avoid any clampdown by governments...
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X