• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they are Italian!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Is there an app or website where you can set alerts for large fluctuations in the price of BTC? Certain % change over a period of time would be ideal. There appears to be plenty that will alert at a set threshold but not all do upper and lower. I really need something that will alert me if there is a, say, 5% change in the last 15-30 mins.

And no, I'm not trying to time the market. Something I want to research.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Is there an app or website where you can set alerts for large fluctuations in the price of BTC? Certain % change over a period of time would be ideal. There appears to be plenty that will alert at a set threshold but not all do upper and lower. I really need something that will alert me if there is a, say, 5% change in the last 15-30 mins.

And no, I'm not trying to time the market. Something I want to research.
        I think tradingview will let you do that. Not sure if the actual function is a paid option or not. I know the number of alerts you can have is very small unless you pay though
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
          I think tradingview will let you do that. Not sure if the actual function is a paid option or not. I know the number of alerts you can have is very small unless you pay though
          Do I have to read all those posts with graphs on though. I don't think I can take any more dead cat bounces and golden coins.

Comment

Do I have to read all those posts with graphs on though. I don't think I can take any more dead cat bounces and golden coins.
            It'll hook you in
            No. Search the tickers for BTCUSD...probably choose coinbase as the source and it will take you to a page where you select "Use full featured chart". It'll then take you to a clean blank chart (create an account first though)
            Tradingview covers all markets so you'll see ideas for all sorts when you start looking.
            The trading panel will let you papertrade (or link to a real broker) if you wanted to have a play in a safe environment...see how you would have done
            Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 19 July 2019, 15:03.
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

It'll hook you in
              Blimey. You are right. It's pretty easy to learn the basic analysis, make a chart allowing you to summaries your thoughts. Gonna give it a go and post my first chart in a min.

The trading panel will let you papertrade (or link to a real broker) if you wanted to have a play in a safe environment...see how you would have done
              I'll pass on that. Over the many years I've messed about with watchlists and paper trades it's made me sick.

I've not long had a watch list on HL and currently got Paypal, Barrick Gold and Games Workshop at over 55% gains, the rest in the 20+, Averaging 50% overall but didn't have the balls to stick it through so portfolio looks much weaker. That's after deleting Amazon and another few notables I can't bear to watch any more
              Last edited by northernladuk; 19 July 2019, 15:11.

Comment

Blimey. You are right. It's pretty easy to learn the basic analysis, make a chart allowing you to summaries your thoughts. Gonna give it a go and post my first chart in a min.
                Not sure if sarcasm came through then or not.
                What is it you are researching?

Comment

Not sure if sarcasm came through then or not.
                  What is it you are researching?
                  No, look. I made a chart. Buy buy buy!!

Last edited by northernladuk; 19 July 2019, 15:20.

Comment

No, look. I made a chart.

Edit : Feck. Can't upload it
                    Not enough lines on it....needs more hairs

Comment

Not enough lines on it....needs more hairs
                      I'm only a beginner!! Still makes more sense than Spooters though

Comment

Working...
                      X