• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I asked for a source and got an opinion. Sigh.
    Nope, what I provided is an objective fact.

Logic isn't your forte either, but that's typical of having under developed math skills.

Comment

What ignorance - please provide a source?

That's quite a claim.
      There was your lack of basic knowledge of how yearly dividends create a compounding growth. This was both a lack of simple maths, and simple investing.

You also showed this week your lack of understanding on the maths behind the mortgage holiday.

You have been called out on both of these, but it seems your memory might be failing too now
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Something else to consider when drawing trend line, what was the RSI doing at the time? Each trend I draw not only looks for confluence but also what the oscillators were doing. If they also show confluence then the trend is very strong.

It is not as straight forward as you're making out here.
        I find this post fascinating. Pretty much every poster on this thread, the AMD thread and the Stock Market thread have stated that they consider your TA inaccurate, your forecasts/advice/commentary worthless, you untrustworthy in your posts on your own investments and you have been accused of losing people money as they have followed your advice.

And yet, despite all this you still post as if you have an audience that you think wants to hear what you have to say on investing.

Really fascinating. The same kind of narcissistic personality disorder displayed by the likes of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          There was your lack of basic knowledge of how yearly dividends create a compounding growth. This was both a lack of simple maths, and simple investing.

You also showed this week your lack of understanding on the maths behind the mortgage holiday.

You have been called out on both of these, but it seems your memory might be failing too now
          There was also this beauty when he said "AMD just dried up their cash reserves" buying Xilinx when it was clearly called out as an all-stock transaction.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2823112

Lacking some *very* basic understanding of markets highlighted there.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
            There was also this beauty when he said "AMD just dried up their cash reserves" buying Xilinx when it was clearly called out as an all-stock transaction.

There was the Rolls Royce Share Issue too and the impact on individual share price. Forgot about that one.

Comment

Is it relevant?

The same theoretical quantum computing power could take down the current financial system by intercepting encrypted transactions thereby bankrupting countries in hours.
              You mean they'd add zeros to the national debt faster than Sunak and the BoE are able?

Obviously if 'they' had quantum computing they'd use it to secure their stuff, leaving the likes of bitcoin to go hang.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Don't forget he then went on to say it was a terrible deal due to inflated stock values.

He's a MASSIVE AMD bear, so he's contradicting himself because if he's right about AMD stock then AMD are purchasing a company with worthless stock! (i.e. an EXCELLENT deal for AMD, getting a good company and paying in tulip bulbs).

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  There was the Rolls Royce Share Issue too and the impact on individual share price. Forgot about that one.
                  No-one should have told him - he'd probably have gone all giddy and done another day trade based on the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                    Don't forget he then went on to say it was a terrible deal due to inflated stock values.

He's a MASSIVE AMD bear, so he's contradicting himself because if he's right about AMD stock then AMD are purchasing a company with worthless stock! (i.e. an EXCELLENT deal for AMD, getting a good company and paying in tulip bulbs).
                    Yes, I pointed that out to him - twice - but he still couldn't comprehend it. If it's not a picture where he can draw lines to confirm his bias, he doesn't get it.

Comment

I'm shorting Bitcoin am I now? Glad someone keeps up to date.

Sold a chunk at $12k, but never shorted it.
                      Smart move. It's now $15k.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X