• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryptocurrency

I'm surprised how little discussion this subject receives amongst you IT lot..

Me thinks crypto currency is going to have a massive impact in the future. Just like the VHS in the seventies, or computers in the 80's, or internet in the 90's.. in the coming years it'll be crypto currency. Been following the developments recently with much interest, since I'm kind of into math anyway. The ideas are fascinating.

Governments have been about controlling money, that has been their power. A chunk of that power is about to be removed of them. It might sound fanciful but I reckon in the not to distant future individuals will be transferring money around the globe in seconds to each other. There'll be no centralisation.

Think of 2008 again without centralisation. Indeed, think about the power of credit referencing agencies and the power they wield over those in working class poverty. Even today they're more than two million adults in the UK without a bank account.

Change is afoot.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

How are your Swisscoins doing?
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      How are your Swisscoins doing?
      Don't have any.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't have any.
        It's nothing to do with IT really. it's a bubble. nothing else.

Comment

Don't have any.
          You sold them?

Bought 600,000 of these altcoins a fews weeks ago.. panic panic panic - sell quick sell quick.

Swiscoin (SCN) price, charts, and info | Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            You sold them?
            Lost them.

Comment

Change is afoot.
              Yes. The change is it's only matter of time before the authorities clamp down on all this.

Cryptocurrency is purely money laundering. Like so many things in life the only reason you want to hide something is because you are doing wrong.

You'll tell me the authorities turn a blind eye to illegal drugs but upsetting the Americans is much more serious.

I was recently working on HSBC's Global Standards Programme - literally £billions lost on costs and fines. It's was all because of money laundering. And that's just one player.

Cryptocurrency is clever, but so was Breaking Bad...
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

actually found a use for my bitcoin via this site https://purse.io/

essentially purchase from Amazon using bitcoin via purse

I

Comment

Lost them.
                  Someone robbed you ?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    It's nothing to do with IT really. it's a bubble. nothing else.
                    Blockchain is not a bubble.

Take the ripple blockchain for example. Banks have traditional used CHAPS, Swift, and intermediary banks in different parts of the globe to move money around the world. That's an expensive system. An old system. If you can move money around the world at a fraction of the cost, why would you not do that?

As in all business, it's change or die. I love how webpage developers complain endlessly and wordpress. My family need the money I make from webpage development and wordpress is damaging my income. Them people...

Comment

Working...
                    X