• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its all the fault of brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I'm all for designation of origin.

Without it, Oirish cheddar would be allowed to go on sale as Cheddar and I would have no way of distinguishing the genuine article from a low quality, culturally appropriated interloper.
    Apart from looking at the packaging.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Apart from looking at the packaging.
      Oh yes, of course.

Silly old me.

Just like the chicken that comes from Thailand but is packed in the UK and sold as British chicken

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Because we are now not importing enough cheddar from ireland.

I am so confused.

Humble block of cheddar cheese amongst Brexit's first victims - FarmIreland.ie
        Perhaps they can try exporting it to the US, it might make a nice change for the Yanks to eat some real cheese, the stuff they have over there is absolutely rank awful.
        Anyway, how bloody dare the Paddies call their cheese "cheddar"? If it doesn't come from Cheddar, don't call it cheddar.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Oh yes, of course.

Silly old me.

Just like the chicken that comes from Thailand but is packed in the UK and sold as British chicken
          They don't have a problem labelling Irish cheddar as such especially when one variety is Irish cheddar.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 10 April 2017, 16:28.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            But it does mean we can start making Champagne and selling it to the rest of the world.
            Australia did this, and France complained. Australia said "So invade".
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X