• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My next car will be a Nissan Qashqai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    My bike is a little wider than most as it is faired. Having a bell to announce my arrival so that pedestrians can clear a path is pretty crucial IMO.
    You could always try getting off your feckin' bike and walking with it.

You are the sort of tosspot that comes by on the path splashing mud over everyone because you are just too selfish to dismount.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

here's a faired bike:

How does he stop effectively for pedestrians, lights etc?

Not sure anything like this should actually be allowed on open roads.

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
        here's a faired bike:
        Funny, all I can see is a total
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          You could always try getting off your feckin' bike and walking with it.

You are the sort of tosspot that comes by on the path splashing mud over everyone because you are just too selfish to dismount.
          Why should I get off my bike on a route designated as a National Cycle Route? Maybe people who wish to go for a walk without encountering annoying cyclists should stick to public footpaths.

Comment

Not only amazed that no injuries but that she didn't hit any other cars whilst. crikey!

presume she got done for DUI yeah? Hope the punishment is double by fact of having child in car.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by glebe digital View Post
              here's a faired bike:

How does he stop effectively for pedestrians, lights etc?

Not sure anything like this should actually be allowed on open roads.
              My bike is faired in the sense that I have a perspex windshield (as you saw in the pic I posted yesterday).

This in no way impedes my ability to safely stop and put my feet down.

I tend to avoid riding it in high winds, though, as it has a sail effect and I wouldn't want to get blown into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.

Comment

Why should I get off my bike on a route designated as a National Cycle Route? Maybe people who wish to go for a walk without encountering annoying cyclists should stick to public footpaths.
                Its called being polite.

Obviously something you know nothing about.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  Its called being polite.

Obviously something you know nothing about.
                  There is no need to get off your bike you just cycle slower and be prepared to stop.

And to be honest it's OAPs and adult groups who tend to be the problem. Those with toddlers don't deliberately stay in your way, there as the other two do.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Some people in Bristol have whistles that they blow instead of using bells.

Makes you jump out of your skin.

Personally, I feel a supposedly gentle walk along the canal is ruined from constantly getting out of the way of bikes on the towpath.

Comment

My bike is faired in the sense that I have a perspex windshield (as you saw in the pic I posted yesterday).

This in no way impedes my ability to safely stop and put my feet down.

I tend to avoid riding it in high winds, though, as it has a sail effect and I wouldn't want to get blown into the path of an oncoming juggernaut.
                      Which might lead to the point that if it's unsafe in a gust, when is it safe? A buffet from a passing van and before you know it......

Comment

Working...
                      X