• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early for...

Getting the crap beaten out of you because the Airline hasn't got it's staff in the right location?

Police are filmed dragging man off United Airlines flight | Daily Mail Online

**** me, one of the most outrageous things I have ever seen when it comes to air travel.

#BoycottUnited
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

The passenger who 'claimed to be a doctor' 'refused to volunteer'.

I hope he sues the arse off them.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I thought this was standard practice in cattle class?

#FlyFirstClass
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

They tried to bounce me once for $400. I told them to feck off as I wanted to get home. They then upped it to $600, at which point I said fine. Make it $1000 and an upgrade to Business the next day, plus hotel. Funnily, I got on the flight (albeit with a business class upgrade at the time, which was odd).

United suck big time. Terrible airline.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          I thought this was standard practice in cattle class?

#FlyFirstClass
          BA sometimes put a sign up asking people if they can travel later/next day at the check-in desk. However I've only seen it when I'm going abroad to do something where I can't travel later/next day.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not realising that they've overbooked until people are already on the plane - just slightly incompetent.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I saw the BBC this morning - they had video.

Was it a black man with white police?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Don't think he will have much recourse with United, they are limited by law to offer a maximum of $1350 compensation to involuntary bumping someone off a flight, and were within their booking conditions to overbook (why they are allowed to overbook is another question)

I'm surprised more anger isn't being directed at the police officer, but I guess United make a more agreeable target than the boys in blue
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The US is becoming a really weird place.

Now I read yesterday somewhere you'll be required to give up a password for your electronic devices if requested at immigration.

As Stewie might say 'Just who the hell do you think you are?'
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Don't think he will have much recourse with United, they are limited by law to offer a maximum of $1350 compensation to involuntary bumping someone off a flight, and were within their booking conditions to overbook (why they are allowed to overbook is another question)

I'm surprised more anger isn't being directed at the police officer, but I guess United make a more agreeable target than the boys in blue
                    If you are deciding to bump someone of a flight it's a good idea to have a policy where you never bump of someone who your flight attendants will call to ask for help from in a medical or other emergency in mid-air.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X