• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Brexit Exodus from Britain ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    So we stop importing a fix and home-grow it instead.

OK it takes time to train and recruit medical staff (and engineers). So we take some strategic leadership and make the investment now.

Cutting the stuff the NHS funds would help. There is a lot off silly nonsense being funded. Also charge £20 for a GP consultation, and £50 for a missed appointment.

This isn't rocket science.
    I agree, but how likely is any of that? Lots of European countries provide further education for free, even to foreign students, because they see it as an investment in the future. The British way is to whinge about students being freeloaders and charge them £9K per year, then whinge that we don't have skilled people, then whinge that there are too many immigrants, and finally blame the whole lot on the EU and vote to leave rather than face any of the problems we've created at home.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      I agree, but how likely is any of that? Lots of European countries provide further education for free, even to foreign students, because they see it as an investment in the future. The British way is to whinge about students being freeloaders and charge them £9K per year, then whinge that we don't have skilled people, then whinge that there are too many immigrants, and finally blame the whole lot on the EU and vote to leave rather than face any of the problems we've created at home.
      People had a choice:

1. More of the same tulip
      2. Rock the Casbah

Absolutely brexit won't fix everything, in some ways it will make things worse. But maybe it will bring things to a head in order for big decisions and big leadership to actually happen.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Absolutely brexit won't fix everything, in some ways it will make things worse. But maybe it will bring things to a head in order for big decisions and big leadership to actually happen.
        It will simply hasten the relative decline of the UK as the economy gets hollowed out.
        People like you and your family will bear the brunt of it which is right and proper.

Losers will be losers, before or after Brexit.
        Last edited by sasguru; 11 April 2017, 09:18.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

so lots of people who arrived since 2004 decide to go home and the UK will fall apart?

Ok makes sense, so glad the ex spurts are here.

Maybe this is why tax take is down?

How EU migrants avoid tax in UK - Telegraph
          Romanians and Bulgarians coming to work can avoid paying taxes in Britain because of a loophole.
          Instead they can pay taxes at home where basic rates are much lower.
          The rules allow European workers “posted” to Britain for less than two years to pay national insurance and, in some cases, income tax in their own country.
          Almost 100,000 EU immigrants already in Britain are taking advantage of the regulations.
          The head of Romania’s biggest recruitment agency, which has just set up an office in London, said yesterday it was perfectly legitimate for workers coming to Britain to pay tax in their own country.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            so lots of people who arrived since 2004 decide to go home and the UK will fall apart?

Ok makes sense, so glad the ex spurts are here.

Maybe this is why tax take is down?

How EU migrants avoid tax in UK - Telegraph
            Just like the claims of 100'000s of PSC contractors tax dodging scum. Both are exaggerated in terms of numbers and quoting edge cases, both are legal. Next...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              Just like the claims of 100'000s of PSC contractors tax dodging scum. Both are exaggerated in terms of numbers and quoting edge cases, both are legal. Next...
              In both cases - I would actually say the government hasn't got a clue - and even if they did - it serves them to keep quiet.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Drop the EU safety rules put in by unelected bureacrats purely to make money for Germans, and we could end up reducing the population quite quickly.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Shaun, I gotta say, you're slipping, let's all chip in and get you a geography book.

Milan.
                  Said you were in Essen. Stopped reading before you elaborated.

My bad.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Nope - its the educated UK Remainers, who by and large are the movers and shakers you should be worring about.
                    Not all will be able to move, some will have no choice but to leave (as they get transferred abroad) and some who don't like what the UK is becoming will leave voluntarily.
                    One parent at the lad's school told me "the social contract whereby I paid loads of tax to prop up the country is over, its every man for himself".
                    He's moving his business to Europe - I know several other people doing that.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      I can't read maps,, coz I'm thick as mince

My bad.

FTFY
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X