• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like Yahoo email search is completely broken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Yahoo email search is completely broken

My sole reason for persevering with ponderously slow Yahoo email, besides a myriad of contacts who have my Yahoo email address, is because a lot of useful info can (or could) be found with title searches in past emails.

But now the quick search and "Advanced" search invariably return "no results found", even when I know for a fact they are there and were found in the past.

Or maybe they have changed the search facility to be available only with the paid "no ads" option? If so then it would be helpful to at least inform their long-suffering users of that.

Fat chance I'll pay for Yahoo email when I can just migrate to gmail or gmx.com !

Anyone else found the same?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Works fine for me. I can search for mails from someone or with key words in the title and the results are there straight away.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 April 2017, 13:48.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Migrate to Gmail. It can suck all your old emails over IIRC. If not you can migrate using an IMAP client. Set up a forward from your Yahoo to Gmail. Sorted innit!

Comment

Working...
      X