• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart TV's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart TV's

Thinking about getting a smart TV, was wondering about LG, look quite good. I did see complaints of it being slow switching channels but I think that was an older model.

Buy LG 43LH590V Smart 43" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys
    I'm alright Jack

whoops wrong forum

should be in technical
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Looks like they are now smart and cheap (prices have dropped). Also wanting to buy one so will be interested in responses when the topic is moved.

Comment

I've created a new post in Technical, so I suggest we change the subject slightly and discuss the impact of Brexit on the Smart TV market.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

We have 2 LG smart TVs. Work fine for us. If by "slow changing channels" you mean it takes a few milliseconds, then yes. It's not like you wait a minute.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I have one. Not that one but an LG something or other 40" 4K with the same smart interface.

It works well enough, but I don't really "switch channels" with it as I have YouView (which is also slow at switching channels, but then what isn't?). The thing that annoys me most about it is the stupid pointer; if you move the remote in the wrong way the stupid cursor appears on screen and then everything is much harder to navigate than it is using the arrow keys. Grrrr.

Mine gets a good Netflix work out every night, and the interface there is excellent (until the pointer appears). Amazon, BBC, Youtube and so on could all learn something from Netflix because their apps aren't so good.

Another thing I use it for a lot is casting Youtube videos from my tablet to the TV (I have a Chromecast but the functionality is built in to the TV). That's also a bit flakey.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              I've created a new post in Technical, so I suggest we change the subject slightly and discuss the impact of Brexit on the Smart TV market.
              So do you want me to make the same post in Technical now? Grrr.

Perhaps we should discuss whether it's TV's or TVs.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Buy an external stick Amazon or Kodi.

The same features but you can upgrade them for <£50.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I popped out to the local shop at lunch. Smart TV is now the new norm, only old stock isn't Smart, and everything now LED, this makes choosing one very simple

They all look good and it seems to come down to what kind of foot rest do you want, and should it be 40 or 50 inch.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    I popped out to the local shop at lunch. Smart TV is now the new norm, only old stock isn't Smart, and everything now LED, this makes choosing one very simple

They all look good and it seems to come down to what kind of foot rest do you want, and should it be 40 or 50 inch.
                    As NLYUK always says "Bigger is Better Darling"

Go 50" or get off the council estate.

Honestly 40" is too small if you have a lounge of any size.

You need surround sound as well.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X