• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soddin HTC mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I had a problem with my iPhone 6 a year after i bought it, screen was a bit dodgy, took it to the Apple shop, who just said 'lets just give you a new one' no messing around, job done and a quick restore from the iCloud backup and I was good to go in 5 mins, you pay a premium for Apple granted but thats one of the reasons why.
    The price for several iPhones is built into the price of one, which means all the people that don't have problems are simply contributing to Apple's record profits. Boomed!

I have an (HTC built) Nexus 9. Recently it started crashing, and as I bought it s/h there wasn't any warranty anyway. A quick google found people with the same problem: fine when the battery is charged, but gets down below about 60% and it occasionally crashes with garbled screen and noise through the speakers. Lots of people had sent them to HTC to be fixed, but found HTC had simply reflashed the firmware and returned them with the same fault.

There was a suggested fix of taking the back off and disconnecting the battery for a minute. Did this and sure enough no more crashes. Never underestimate the power of "switch it off and back on again".
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      There was a suggested fix of taking the back off and disconnecting the battery for a minute. Did this and sure enough no more crashes. Never underestimate the power of "switch it off and back on again".
      Not much help to PC, given his is completely burnt out
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Yeh you may be right. HTC are completely clueless...
        At least you got some contact - HTC sent my mum her phone back after repair recorded delivery on March 20th for "next day or two day guaranteed delivery".

Three weeks later, she was still waiting for it to arrive. Every contact with them she got asked "what was the number and what country are you in?" and their follow up was always "we've escalated this to the in-country support team" (who did nothing).
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          At least you got some contact - HTC sent my mum her phone back after repair recorded delivery on March 20th for "next day or two day guaranteed delivery".

Three weeks later, she was still waiting for it to arrive. Every contact with them she got asked "what was the number and what country are you in?" and their follow up was always "we've escalated this to the in-country support team" (who did nothing).
          Not surprised. They are a nightmare to get any sense out of.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Not surprised. They are a nightmare to get any sense out of.
            Could also be the delivery of the inputs
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Could also be the delivery of the inputs
              It is a worrying new trend.

Comment

if you use 'droid and back everything up to google drive etc then you can swap phones without even trying.

I know cos I did it when my sony died - got a cheap LG - up n running in seconds

both the sony and the lg cost less than an iPhone - in fact I can probably afford another £250 before I get into paying iPhone dollar

not saying it is better than apple just a thing really horses for course n all that

Comment

Working...
                X