• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Progressive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read the comments - definitely sounds like they're fulfilling a kink.

That was a case of kidnapping and sexual assault. The victim was not having a good time. Doesn't seem really appropriate to use it in this thread.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Meanwhile in Christianity... interpretation of Hebrews 12:11 is this supposed to be?

How to Discipline your Wife

A sound lashing is five to ten strokes with your hand, or three to five strokes with a strap; some wives need more. To avoid brusing do not strike the same area in repetition. Gauge your decision to proceed based on your wife's readiness to repent.

You may find it difficult to cause your wife pain, but as a woman she needs the release of guilt that this form of punishment brings. Afterwards, help her up gently and hold her while allowing her to cry for as long as you both feel necessary. If you have children instruct her to wash her face before emerging from the room.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The UK removed the defence of chastisement for assaulting a wife in 1891. The defence remains for assaulting a child.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chastisement

Under Brexit Christian Sharia, we can perhaps expect better legal protection for child beaters. Didn't a recent poll show worrying support for the return of the birch among Brexit supporters?

Comment

Weird isn't it. That verse says what the benefit of discipline is - it doesn't say "spank your wife" if you think she's gotten out of line.

I think it's also partly (and I've discussed this with Americans from different parts of the US), that the word "discipline" in US English is inextricably linked to physical chastisement, whereas for us who live in more civilised places, it means "instill discipline", which of course is entirely possibly without ever resorting to corporal punishment.

I think it's one of those odd American Christian practices like snake handling, voting republican etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Weird isn't it. That verse says what the benefit of discipline is - it doesn't say "spank your wife" if you think she's gotten out of line.

I think it's also partly (and I've discussed this with Americans from different parts of the US), that the word "discipline" in US English is inextricably linked to physical chastisement, whereas for us who live in more civilised places, it means "instill discipline", which of course is entirely possibly without ever resorting to corporal punishment.

I think it's one of those odd American Christian practices like snake handling, voting republican etc.
            But Christians often support child beating.
            Proverbs 13:24 Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

Comment

Yeah. They do. I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Yeah. They do. I don't.
                Good. But there is sometimes a sense of Muslim wife beaters bad, Christian child beaters good.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)

“When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.” (Deuteronomy 25:11-12)
                  Christ, if I tried spurting that lot to Mrs Mordy, the only dinner I'd be eating would be my own genitals. Thank God I do all the cooking. (Apart from the people who do the take-aways.)
                  Very happy to be living in the enlightened age of the 21st Century. Not that anyone would actually realise it, obviously.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    “Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)
                    And then goes onto say:

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her... husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

The word "love" there is the Greek word "agape", which is self-sacrificing, giving love, with no thought of return. Considered to be the highest form of love.

Unfortunately, some people get stuck in 22-24 and ignore what follows. 'Cos that's a lot more difficult than "wife, obey me!".

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Good. But there is sometimes a sense of Muslim wife beaters bad, Christian child beaters good.
                    Is there? I though it was all just "Child abusers - bad".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Ah.

Sorry.

Thought it was about Regressive.

My mistake.
                      We just need to ask Hallett if he's stopped beating his wife.

Comment

Working...
                      X