• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit threat to space and aerospace sectors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yeah well at least you can be proud of your Spouse's achievements imagine putting up with with you for more than a day!

Its a negotiation muppet, however what they are doing is unreasonable and petty as usual for your friends in the EU. I can see why you get along.
    Tellling though that your first instinct is to tell the head of the aerospace body to shut up.
    I'm pretty sure he knows a soupçon more than you.
    Other Brexiteers have retreated to their safe space on being exposed to facts, maybe you should too.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Tellling though that your first instinct is to tell the head of the aerospace body to shut up.
      I'm pretty sure he knows a soupçon more than you.
      Other Brexiteers have retreated to their safe space on being exposed to facts, maybe you should too.
      well if you side with the EU when they are being unreasonable why would anyone take you seriously? Oh sorry you don't understand that do you?

The EU the bunny boiling ex.

He could of said 'its going to be a challenge keeping expertise in the UK if the EU decide they don't want the UK applying for contracts, this does seem a little premature as we are unlikely to brexit for 2 years. I would love to see the Government make this a priority in negotiations". That would be a sensible comment from a man in his position. Instead he nailed his colours to the mast that he was a NoBrainer. Expect him to be looking for a new job soon.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        What exactly is "unreasonable and petty" about what the EU are doing? We're choosing to leave the EU so we're the ones being unreasonable if we expect the same benefits when we were in the EU but not willing to pay for those benefits.

This is the lie that leavers were told, and they fell for, and they are still falling for it; that we can leave the EU are still have access to everything we had before but for no cost (actually for £350m per week saving). It's a lie guys so suck up the fact that the 27 EU countries are going to make you (us) pay for the lies and ignorance.

Well done, you won, now stop whinging and live with the negative consequences of your decision.
        cutting off the membership benefits before we stop paying our subs is unreasonable & petty. As is refusing to deal with EU citizens rights before they extort money to pay for the MEPs pensions. YMMV.

Comment

cutting off the membership benefits before we stop paying our subs is unreasonable & petty. As is refusing to deal with EU citizens rights before they extort money to pay for the MEPs pensions. YMMV.
          Yep: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nied-residency
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            What does that actually tell you? I could tell you more seeing as I worked there for 6 years but then I'd have to strap you to an Ariane...
            Seriously!!!!!

Sounds interesting indeed as am very much into space exploration.

Obviously not going to push you for details as i would prefer to be on the inside.!!!

Comment

well if you side with the EU when they are being unreasonable why would anyone take you seriously? Oh sorry you don't understand that do you?

The EU the bunny boiling ex.
              Why are security concerns unreasonable?

He could of said 'its going to be a challenge keeping expertise in the UK if the EU decide they don't want the UK applying for contracts, this does seem a little premature as we are unlikely to brexit for 2 years. I would love to see the Government make this a priority in negotiations". That would be a sensible comment from a man in his position. Instead he nailed his colours to the mast that he was a NoBrainer. Expect him to be looking for a new job soon.
              Ooh hark at the Brexiter bully.
              It's more likely you'll be unemployed post Brexit than him.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

An industry I work closely in. Rolls Royce aerospace in Berlin, huge site. Perhaps larger than Derby.

The stupidity of brexit is just beginning to unfold. It was never possible for the public to consider important business connections the UK and EU share when crammed into a 6-month jingoistic Tory fuelled campaign.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

so one Bureaucratic cock up is the same as the EU commissioner saying we will punish britain for brexiting? Nice grasp on reality there.

Comment

so one Bureaucratic cock up is the same as the EU commissioner saying we will punish britain for brexiting? Nice grasp on reality there.

................Eh no you had a referendum and were misinformed by your government and leaders to vote out of the "enemy" EU. Now reap the consequences, alas it is not the Utopia you had been promised instead its an economic and political catastrophe.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Why are security concerns unreasonable?

Ooh hark at the Brexiter bully.
                      It's more likely you'll be unemployed post Brexit than him.
                      Oh look another AssSnob post of incomprehensible genius.

If they demonstrate some then fine. They haven't of course its just the EU being petty.

Bully
                      a person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
                      "he is a ranting, domineering bully"
                      synonyms: persecutor, oppressor, tyrant, tormentor, browbeater, intimidator, coercer, subjugator; More
                      verb
                      use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.
                      "a local man was bullied into helping them"

I have no power or influence over him so I can't be a Bully but as the head of the UK space he let his personal feelings overcome his judgement. Should we keep him in post? If he had said something equivalent revealing a Brexit preference I am sure you bremoaners would be baying for his head.

Comment

Working...
                      X