• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tracey Emin how does she get away with it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracey Emin how does she get away with it

May be I'm missing something here but how does Tracey Emin get away with saying her stuff is art and worth x amount (£67k for a mask of her apparently). I just don't get it or her or her work it just looks childish with no real skill, the only skill she does have is making people believe its art. I'm sure she is a lovely lady and all that but I'm looking for a plan B and after seeing what she gets away with I'm thinking of selling the empty crushed red bull can on my desk and calling 'Life' and selling it for £10k, the can represents my drive and energy but the crushing of it is the impact of life on this, and the red on the can is my blood and the blue represents my inner self, its very very deep stuff, all yours for £10k.

If I'd ever had a massive lottery win, "Everyone I Have Ever Slept With" would be top of the list of purchases. I think it's beautiful, too bad it's gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP View Post
      If I'd ever had a massive lottery win, "Everyone I Have Ever Slept With" would be top of the list of purchases. I think it's beautiful, too bad it's gone now.
      You could just sew "Sandra" into a £20 argos tent and be done. Maybe then you'd feel you've won the lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
        I'm thinking of selling the empty crushed red bull can on my desk and calling 'Life' and selling it for £10k, the can represents my drive and energy but the crushing of it is the impact of life on this, and the red on the can is my blood and the blue represents my inner self, its very very deep stuff, all yours for £10k.
        Tracey? Is that you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          You could just sew "Sandra" into a £20 argos tent and be done. Maybe then you'd feel you've won the lottery.
          £20 for the tent and £10 for a pump to inflate Sandra the Sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            £20 for the tent and £10 for a pump to inflate Sandra the Sheep.
            It's suppose to be a sheep's carcass.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              It's suppose to be a sheep's carcass.
              Nah that's Damien Hirst I can see the skill & vision in his.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Nah that's Damien Hirst I can see the skill & vision in his.
                Sexist!
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

She gets away with it because she demonstrated in her early career her artistic ability, has built on that and now enough of the art world laud her creations.

I love modern art exhibitions - but you have to understand it's all joke.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    She gets away with it because she demonstrated in her early career her artistic ability, has built on that and now enough of the art world laud her creations.

I love modern art exhibitions - but you have to understand it's all joke.
                    Yes and it's the same joke Duchamp came up with 100 years ago......who's laughing now?

New material needed, it's all SO last century darlings!

Comment

Working...
                    X