• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Germany’s trade surplus is a threat to global stability, and must be fixed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    And that worked for all the members of the USSR?
    It did not work for USSR because the republics were assembled by force of arms and it wasn't possible to leave the union (in practice).

As we can see with EU simple referendum based on lies was sufficient to get out, nobody got killed by ze Germans.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It did not work for USSR because the republics were assembled by force of arms and it wasn't possible to leave the union (in practice).

As we can see with EU simple referendum based on lies was sufficient to get out, nobody got killed by ze Germans.
      Yet.....

First it is trade embargoes.

Then 1 person assumes absolute power during a state of war ( of their own creating).

And before you know it everyone is a citizen of the empire and anyone who disagrees is a rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        And before you know it everyone is a citizen of the empire and anyone who disagrees is a rebel.
        This country had pretty good days whilst being an Empire... you dirty rebel scum!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          If you care that much why not return home and pay some taxes there?

I prefer to live in the EU.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I prefer to live in the EU.
            Might as well - UK is reaching EU levels of taxation with public services getting worse, potholes in roads as if Luftwaffe had them bombed yesterday, have to do wheel alignment and tracking every time I take my car to the garage

Comment

Germany’s trade surplus is a threat to global stability, and must be fixed

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Might as well - UK is reaching EU levels of taxation with public services getting worse, potholes in roads as if Luftwaffe had them bombed yesterday, have to do wheel alignment and tracking every time I take my car to the garage
              Where the money gets spent;

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Could someone please explain why the UK doesn't have a trade surplus?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Perhaps because the reliance of Chinese tat imports. A number of UK export industries are foreign owned. BMW mini for example. Limp tax laws allowing global giants to avoid taxes.

Our main occupation is war. War is a business like anything else, hence we need to keep starting them. Boris is working with Trump on starting the next one.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

What that chart does not show is the devaluation of the pound against other major currencies. George's QE has made everyone poorer.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      All spending should have been reduced pro-rate by 10% over 5-10 year period, that would have given nice budget proficit.

Comment

Working...
                      X