• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Didn't want to be in their stupid club anyway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    don't you sort out your rate before starting on a contract?
    Of course I do. But there is agreement on what they are getting for that rate. I'm not sure anyone would give me a contract if I said "Here is my rate. We'll agree on what I'll actually do for that money after you agree to pay it".
    Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      Of course I do. But there is agreement on what they are getting for that rate. I'm not sure anyone would give me a contract if I said "Here is my rate. We'll agree on what I'll actually do for that money after you agree to pay it".
      Are you saying that you only agree a contract after every individual piece of work has been detailed to you precisely? Because if you do, then that sounds like supervision and direction.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And they're running scared with a continuation of lying and scaremongering...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Those EU meanies are showing exactly why we don't want to be in their stupid club anyway! So there!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...u-crown-jewels
          Surely the EU Crown Jewels are in Brussels and Strasbourg?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Is it still joining?

Were you one of those taken in by this lie?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Quite true, snowflake Leavers denying their stupidity and the consequences of it:

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
                It is an unusual and spiteful approach from the EU, considering they think they want €60bn from us. This is the bad deal for which no deal would be better if they think the UK would agree to make a large payment without anything in return.

It is also proof that the EU has nothing to offer its member states and so they need to resort to bully boy tactics. "Leave or terrible things" rather than "here are positive reasons to stay". No wonder we voted to leave.
                Oh come on off of your high horse, Theresa May has made it clear that if the EU don't cave in to her ridiculous demands for a quickfire pro-corporate trade deal, the Tory government will set about turning the UK into a low-skill, low-tech, low-wage, low-welfare, low-regulation corporate tax haven in retaliation.

It's the diplomatic equivalent of a toddler shrieking that if they don't get the whole tub of ice cream they'll smash up their own bedroom, and then the adults will all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X