• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could have been worse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only passed last yr in my mid 30s - I'm scared of driving because of the lack of experience.

TBH kinda glad I didn't pass back in my teens

Comment

takes a few years to get enough experience to be safe.

Mate of mine is a Driving Instructor and encourages his pupils to do lessons after passing & advanced driving. He reckons its saved a few.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Mate of mine is a Driving Instructor and encourages his pupils to do lessons after passing & advanced driving. ...
        Absolutely, and (in view of my previous post) at least one lesson with five hundredweight of rocks in the back!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Absolutely, and (in view of my previous post) at least one lesson with five hundredweight of rocks in the back!
          Or just MarillionFan.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Driving big vans taught me a lot about how wide I was. My wife flinches as I throw my car through restrictions.

People don't appreciate how weight & water can really change handling until they have slammed the brakes on & filled their trousers.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Or just MarillionFan.
              My first foolish passengers were a couple of light children* as soon as I got an adult in my car I drove slower and left a bigger gap.

*Who enjoyed telling me the speed limit every time I went a few miles over it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Poor lads, I've noticed since its become a bit sunny and the new Fast and Furious film has come out driving particularly by men around the age 18 - 23 seems to have got a lot worse, last week within a 2mile stretch of driving I had 2 near misses, first was some guy coming down a country road around a corner way, way to fast losing control and ending up on my side of the road, only quick action by me avoided a head on, the lad stopped he was very shook up bloody idiot I gave him an ear fall. Bit later on this time some idiot thought he 1.6 Golf was fast enough to over take something he was on coming to me and again was looking at a head on only avoided by me realising he wasn't going to make it and me going off road on to the grass verge.

Comment

Working...
                X