• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General election - how will you vote?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    The SNP vote in Scotland is going to become entrenched with a threat of a stronger Tory majority.
    We'll see how much Scots really want IndyRef2, which could be another factor in May's decision. The SNP have near enough all the seats now, so really they can only lose, I guess most likely to the LibDems.

After Brexit I told myself I was never voting again, democracy clearly being for chumps and nutcases. I might vote LibDem depending on how convincing Tim Farron turns out to be; certainly nobody else. This is a Tory safe seat, but it was also one of the closest in the referendum with Leave winning with only 50.1%, so you never know maybe there's a chance of an upset. Of course unlike the referendum it's FPTP rules; so the LibDems could get 48% everywhere and still get no seats.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      We'll see how much Scots really want IndyRef2, which could be another factor in May's decision. The SNP have near enough all the seats now, so really they can only lose, I guess most likely to the LibDems.

After Brexit I told myself I was never voting again, democracy clearly being for chumps and nutcases. I might vote LibDem depending on how convincing Tim Farron turns out to be; certainly nobody else. This is a Tory safe seat, but it was also one of the closest in the referendum with Leave winning with only 50.1%, so you never know maybe there's a chance of an upset. Of course unlike the referendum it's FPTP rules; so the LibDems could get 48% everywhere and still get no seats.
      Has the LibDem U-turn on tuition fees been forgiven then?

Comment

as history shows. it's all very trendy and hip to say 'i vote lib dem' and then vote for someone else at ballot box

i will put my converse on and go surfboarding down newquay and vote for Tim Faillon ! (not really)

the best lib dem in a generation appeared to be Vince Cable and he turned out to be a complete nut job.

Timothy appears to be a complete nut job on question time so god only know how nuts he would be as a PM.
        Last edited by Bluenose; 18 April 2017, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The country's got far bigger problems...
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

And the one on IR35 and the one on redrawing boundaries to get a fairer election and the...

Vote Lib Dem and give us all a laugh...

Oh, and Fallon is a hopeless fantasist. HTH.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yep.

There are other issues.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                as history shows. it's all very trendy and hip to say 'i vote lib dem' and then vote for someone else at ballot box

i will put my converse on and go surfboarding down newquay and vote for Tim Faillon ! (not really)

the best lib dem in a generation appeared to be Vince Cable and he turned out to be a complete nut job.

Timothy appears to be a complete nut job on question time so god only know how nuts he would be as a PM.
                All MPs are nut jobs - power corrupts.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

err the Conservatives have a red bar and Labour blue
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

If a full right Tory majority gets in they'll be ruthless. Well perhaps not Ruthless, gosh she annoys me.

NHS privatised in a minute. Tax cuts for the rich.

The country is coming together. Rinse and repeat. The country is coming together. No really it is.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Lib dem landslide by the looks of it.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X