• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories Barometer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Does anyone have a comparison between the who hold each seat in each constituency and which way those constiuencies voted in Brexit?
    It doesn't work.

I'm in one of the parliamentary constituencies that is made up of parts of two different council areas. There are actually quite a few in London. This means while both boroughs voted to remain the percentages were different by about 10 percentage points.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      No idea - maybe the SNP?

Would Labour try and use it to gain more votes???
      No - Corbyn wouldn't do it because he doesn't think it's the right thing to do, Irrespective if it helps him win

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        How about a tenner on Mrs Crankie? Labour / Lib Dem / SNP coalition with Sturgeon as PM to keep the Scots happy.

Stranger things have happened recently!!
        Not really. She isn't an MP so won't be ending up as Prime Minister. However, i'm sure she could install a puppet who would in turn keep Corbyn and Farron in check.

Comment

Tories worried about backbenchers having too much power so want a smaller majority.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Not really. She isn't an MP so won't be ending up as Prime Minister. However, i'm sure she could install a puppet who would in turn keep Corbyn and Farron in check.
            You mean Salmond? The ex-leader.

He's in Westminster already doing the job. He's well-known enough to get on the media and strongly supports her.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              You mean Salmond? The ex-leader.

He's in Westminster already doing the job. He's well-known enough to get on the media and strongly supports her.
              I didn't mean anyone in particular, Salmond certainly wouldn't be PM even in this fantasy scenario. I expect the SNP will have a smaller pool of names to pick from in any case come 9th June - the Indyref2 agitation will have seen to that.

Angus Robertson is the SNP leader at Westminster at the moment, not Salmond btw

Comment

Working...
              X