• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australia & USA Visa Reforms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia & USA Visa Reforms

Potentially missed in the U.K Election news fever....

Aussies

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has banned 457 visas

U.S.A

H1B Visa: How Donald Trump Wants to Change It | Fortune.com

...and New Zealand (thanks Squarepeg)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...to-immigration
    Last edited by Bluenose; 19 April 2017, 13:12.

Nope..

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ct-market.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Trump, as a candidate, paraded laid-off IT workers onstage and called for the end of the H-1B visa program
      And now let me introduce Ginni Rometty, one of my business advisors....

Oh the irony.

Comment

So nowhere to escape brexit anymore? Is Germany whats left? Heil...

Comment

Bunch of racists imagine controlling immigration into your own country
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
            So the "Australian style points based immigration system" that Vote Leave banged on, and on, and on, and on about as the solution to all the UK's problems works so badly that not even Australia want it?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              So the "Australian style points based immigration system" that Vote Leave banged on, and on, and on, and on about as the solution to all the UK's problems works so badly that not even Australia want it?
              nope its being abused so they are redefining it.

Not something we could do with freedom of movement.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                So nowhere to escape brexit anymore? Is Germany whats left? Heil...
                You will still be able to travel and stay in a lot of countries on your EU passport. Time to become a nomad developer, work remotely, and move from one country to another every 2-3 months.
                You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I always thought the reason they banged on about the "Australian points based system" was because that was the only system of managing immigration that they had heard of. Seems I was right.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                    You will still be able to travel and stay in a lot of countries on your EU passport. Time to become a nomad developer, work remotely, and move from one country to another every 2-3 months.
                    No I'm applying for permanent visa (189). Time to leave where it's stable so I don't need to worry about not being rich in few years....

3% growth y/y yummy...
                    Last edited by diseasex; 19 April 2017, 15:24.

Comment

Working...
                    X