• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in London....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for non drink based entertainment for the evenings, I am in "The City" but don't mind travelling round if it means I can kill a few hours walking round
    Go to the 'The Griffin' on Clerkenwell road take plenty of pound coins and the 'King Of falafel' across the road is good.

Other thing may be go up the Shard / Tower Bridge.

Borough Market if its on.

Tate Modern then walk up to Tower Bridge, nice walk next to the Thames and places to stop off at on the way.

I also hear the London Museum is good, walkable from St Pauls, Barbican, Farringdon.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Thames commuter clipper down to Greenwich, walk up the hill to the observatory for views over London (and Pokémon chasing) then a short walk to the comedy club for some laughs
      Definitely seconded. Clipper has the best views of London, and Greenwich is great for an evening out. Very good at weekends, as well.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Anyone got any recommendations for non drink based entertainment for the evenings, I am in "The City" but don't mind travelling round if it means I can kill a few hours walking round

Sorry, I'm completely unqualified to help
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Comedy Store.
          St. Katherine's Dock.
          Take a C2C to Southend-on-Sea (The Sands is a decent place to eat).
          Tate Modern (open till 10:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays).
          Druid Street food market on Saturdays.
          Canary Wharf.
          You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Definitely seconded. Clipper has the best views of London, and Greenwich is great for an evening out. Very good at weekends, as well.
            Agreed. Although the prices at the food market are extortionate.
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
              There's the Grant museum of Zoology with its jar of pickled moles

http://www.theculturemap.com/wp-cont...of-Zoology.jpg
              Awesome find!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Awesome find!

And you can adopt them!?! I don't think they will send you postcards and a fluffy toy each year

As for London recommendations that haven't been covered yet then I recommend The John Soane museum in Lincoln's Inn Fields (Near Holborn Tube) Home | Sir John Soane's Museum. House hasn't been touched in 180 years and is free entry now too. Might only be good for a lunchtime escape as it closes at 5pm
                Last edited by redgiant; 20 April 2017, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  Agreed. Although the prices at the food market are extortionate.
                  Good quality and value Vietnamese food in Greenwich IIRC.

Comment

Going to give this ago one night

https://www.atelierdeschefs.co.uk
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sit in a bar/restaurant with your coat on the back of your chair and your wallet in the pocket. Someone will take the wallet out of your coat, remove the credit cards, replace the wallet, then spend hundreds of pounds on the cards (including withdrawing cash at a branch of Barclays) before you notice the cards are missing. Happened to me. One reason why I hate London.

Comment

Working...
                      X