• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBA to move out of London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    To be fair, some jobs will be lost at the EU Universal People's Pleasure Grounds and the Nappy Production Facility of Supreme Benefit And Magnificent Collaboration. These jobs will be sorely missed, it's true.
    Mine has a better acronym.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Hmmmm i detect sarcasm.
      We'd need to benchmark this to the EU Sarcasm Directive to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Mine has a better acronym.
        You're a connoisseur of bottoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Of course they are, we are going to stop paying for them so there's no reason they should stay here. Not really sure what the relevance is.
          Are you really as stupid as you seem to be?
          Well I guess the fact that you posted how an agent had completely screwed you over and you didn't realise it gives us the answer.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Are you really as stupid as you seem to be?
            Well I guess the fact that you posted how an agent had completely screwed you over and you didn't realise it gives us the answer.
            OK, explain this. 2 EU agencies are moving from a soon-to-be non EU country to another (as yet unknown) EU country. Why is this even news? It's a thousand-odd penpushers who won't be missed. I don't understand why you're crapping yourself. Unless you just signed a contract with one of them, that would be too
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

OK, explain this. 2 EU agencies are moving from a soon-to-be non EU country to another (as yet unknown) EU country. Why is this even news? It's a thousand-odd penpushers who won't be missed. I don't understand why you're crapping yourself. Unless you just signed a contract with one of them, that would be too
              With them parts of some industries move as well.

In the case of the European Medicines agency a lot of the pharmaceutical industry jobs leave.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                With them parts of some industries move as well.

In the case of the European Medicines agency a lot of the pharmaceutical industry jobs leave.
                Do the actual jobs leave, or do the pharmacos just need an EU "presence"? There's a difference, and most of the big ones are multi-nationals with a large EU presence already.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

In the case of the EMA, you ill-informed, ignorant fool, those "thousand-odd penpushers" who are mainly well paid, decide on which drugs are safe to bring to market and monitor existing ones. They will in fact be missed, not only for the taxes they pay here, but for the fact that thousands of pharma professionals from all over Europe have to come to London each year to conduct business because they are based here.
                  Not to mention that the UK pharma industry will have to abide by their rules anyway if we are to sell to Europe.
                  That's the thing about the unintelligent, they don't see the connections and assume that the 2nd rate organisations they work/contract for will be unaffected by the overall decline in a country's economic activity.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    In the case of the EMA, you ill-informed, ignorant fool, those "thousand-odd penpushers" who are mainly well paid, decide on which drugs are safe to bring to market and monitor existing ones. They will in fact be missed, not only for the taxes they pay here, but for the fact that thousands of pharma professionals from all over Europe have to come to London each year to conduct business because they are based here.
                    Not to mention that the UK pharma industry will have to abide by their rules anyway if we are to sell to Europe.
                    That's the thing about the unintelligent, they don't see the connections and assume that the 2nd rate organisations they work/contract for will be unaffected by the overall decline in a country's economic activity.
                    Any decent Pharma professional will be based in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Any decent Pharma professional will be based in the UK.
                      Or Germany or Belgium, which are the EU's largest exporters of Pharma.

Comment

Working...
                      X