• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swap my vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Did we run that Act past Subcommittee B of the EC Working Group on Modern Methods of Warfare Against National Deviation in the People's Democratic Republic of Europe?
    UK parliament has always been sovereign, so no need.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      UK parliament has always been sovereign, so no need.
      This is known within Subcommittee B as delegated "sovereignty" (scare quotes included). Any secondary adjunct of the primary unimatrix (technical speak for "member state") that attempts to blur delegated sovereignty with true sovereignty will suffer the consequences outlined in Article 1 of the Consequences of Deviation. To paraphrase: you're a very naughty adjunct.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        The site was alive and used in 2015.

The idea was is you wanted to vote Green and the largest opposition party in your constituency was Lib Dem, then you would look for someone in say Brighton who wanted to vote Lib Dem. They would then vote Green and you would vote Lib Dem. That way both your votes would be more likely to count and you would help avoid getting in someone for parties you hate.

The current voting system for GE means about 50% of votes are wasted.
        Unless a vote is for a candidate who wins with a majority of 1 or who wins on a coin toss after a dead heat, every individual vote is wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Actually I know people who tactically voted in 2015.
          It didn't work though.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            It didn't work though.
            People vote to keep other parties out e.g. UKIP, Labour. For examplein Nick Clegg's constituency Tories voted for him to keep Labour out.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              I'm sure out patriotic Brexit friends will be praising Gina's contribution as an immigrant to the UK democratic process.
              Carry on deluding yourself as long as you like. I couldn't give a flying sh*t
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
              X