• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit DOOM™: Manifesto 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We are all in this together.
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Cheer up you could be under Jezzy look what that did to Diane.

Imagine Labour getting in Anyone earning over £30k in the private sector to present themselves for re-education.
    It is your friend the Mail that is leading with the talk of 'Enemies of the People' and 'Crush the Saboteurs'.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Trouble with these numbers £30k, £40k - people think that's loads of money. 15 years ago it was loads of money. Today it's just no. Not given the current state of the economy.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income...United_Kingdom

The provisional results from the April 2014 ASHE report gives median gross annual earnings of £22,044 for all employees
      1.5 times the median, you forget how lucky we are.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Trouble with these numbers £30k, £40k - people think that's loads of money. 15 years ago it was loads of money. Today it's just no. Not given the current state of the economy.
        It was lots of money when property prices were 3-4 times lower than they are now, fuel was half the price...

Comment

Gahh! I wish I could kick his teeth through his smug head (Hammond that is). Why didn't he just leave the marginal band where it was last year? He's tinkering around (no doubt helped by advisors fresh out of uni with an axe to grind against "The Rich" because they have no desire or capability to take risk) and running out of ideas.

Meanwhile the UK gives away billions in foreign aid. Pakistan at the top of the list. You should see the size of the Pakistan air force - is that where our money is going? I see from my latest council tax breakdown that 32% goes to welfare. Eh?

Caffe Nero hasn't paid CT in years because it transfers profits to a parent company that runs an overall loss.

Phil, put this in yer Tory manifesto and impress me:

1. We will grow some balls to go after big business;
          2. We will clamp down on welfare abuse;
          3. We will leave direct taxation alone and give SMEs a break (at least until 2020);
          4. I won't flip-flop any more and I'll hire some better advisors;
          5. I'll drop the "fairness" bulltulip cos I know nobody's buying;
          6. I'll get a more modern haircut.

That'll do for me. Going for a sit-down and nice cup of tea.
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing View Post
            I see from my latest council tax breakdown that 32% goes to welfare. Eh?
            That doesn't sound right. Are you sure you don't mean social care?

Comment

Gahh! I wish I could kick his teeth through his smug head (Hammond that is). Why didn't he just leave the marginal band where it was last year?
              Manifesto promise to increase it to £50k, now that goes out of the window, it's only fair.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Manifesto promise to increase it to £50k, now that goes out of the window, it's only fair.
                You're a good few election cycles away from that level of earnings, matey, so don't worry too much.

Comment

Meanwhile the UK gives away billions in foreign aid. .
                  First it's £350,000,000 a week to the EU.

Second it's billions in foreign aid. (Getting the e and i the correct way round in foreign only took me five minute. Dam German)

One day that chicken will come home to roost.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

First it's £350,000,000 a week to the EU.
                    Well, I glossed over that one. Coming originally from the mouths of Boris and Gove, that assertion is unsafe.
                    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Gahh! I wish I could kick his teeth through his smug head (Hammond that is). Why didn't he just leave the marginal band where it was last year? He's tinkering around (no doubt helped by advisors fresh out of uni with an axe to grind against "The Rich" because they have no desire or capability to take risk) and running out of ideas.
                      Let me quote the late George Carlin:

"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes. The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work. The poor are there just to scare the tulip out of the middle class. Keep 'em showin' up at those jobs."
                      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X