We will vote Conservative because we deserve to be punished, says Britain We will vote Conservative because we deserve to be punished, says Britain - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Really? I take it then that you approve of their policies? I hope you'll be able to enjoy living in the UK if they get in again although this might just backfire on them...https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/...register-vote/
    Not particularly, but that isn't the point. If there were a decent opposition, I'd almost certainly vote for it. But to describe the current Tory gov't as "right wing" is lazy and not borne out by a majority of policies they've adopted. Their policy platform is schizophrenic, with some deviating far from the centre-ground in either direction. I predict that the Tory manifesto will share more than a passing resemblance with Labour's manifesto from 2015. It's just that Labour has exited stage left.

  2. #12

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Go easy on him Shaun, nobody's told him The Mash is satire, he thinks it's actual news. Now, say sorry to Scooty Shauny, there's a good lad...
    Makes more sense in context.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    16,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not particularly, but that isn't the point. If there were a decent opposition, I'd almost certainly vote for it. But to describe the current Tory gov't as "right wing" is lazy and not borne out by a majority of policies they've adopted. Their policy platform is schizophrenic, with some deviating far from the centre-ground in either direction. I predict that the Tory manifesto will share more than a passing resemblance with Labour's manifesto from 2015. It's just that Labour has exited stage left.
    In 2005 the BNP manifesto promoted the following actions:

    – Severe cuts in immigration
    – Leaving the EU
    – Bringing back grammar schools
    – Increased military spending
    – More “security” and “strong leadership”
    – Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
    – Reduce development aid

    Which are exactly what the Tories are currently promoting although the Tory policy on the NHS is even worse than the BNP
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  4. #14

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    In 2005 the BNP manifesto promoted the following actions:

    – Severe cuts in immigration
    – Leaving the EU
    – Bringing back grammar schools
    – Increased military spending
    – More “security” and “strong leadership”
    – Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
    – Reduce development aid

    Which are exactly what the Tories are currently promoting although the Tory policy on the NHS is even worse than the BNP
    Yeah, it's around the time you equate the Tories with the BNP that I stop taking you seriously. Have a nice evening.

  5. #15

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Makes more sense in context.
    But only if you inhabit the lowly rung of the intellectual ladder that you have made your own.

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  6. #16

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Makes more sense in context.
    A pint of whatever you're smoking please barman...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #17

    Godlike

    Mordac is a fount of knowledge

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Makes more sense in context.
    A pint of whatever you're smoking please barman...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  8. #18

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    A pint of whatever you're smoking please barman...
    You've had enough sir. You're already posting double.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

  9. #19

    Super poster

    WordIsBond is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    In 2005 the BNP manifesto promoted the following actions:

    – Severe cuts in immigration
    – Leaving the EU
    – Bringing back grammar schools
    – Increased military spending
    – More “security” and “strong leadership”
    – Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights
    – Reduce development aid

    Which are exactly what the Tories are currently promoting although the Tory policy on the NHS is even worse than the BNP
    Oh, the logic of this is compelling. Let me apply that logic further.

    The BNP also committed to a "free fully funded NHS", an emphasis on basics in education, qualified teachers, and they opposed adopting the euro. These were all policies of the Labour government of the day, and presumably are things Corbyn would commit to today. Though I can't actually prove it, I'd guess both the BNP of 2005 AND today's Labour party are against terrorists driving cars into people, child molestation, throwing acid in people's eyes at a club, and eating puppies live.

    Therefore, LABOUR == BNP!!!!

    Logic. It's inescapable.

    Disclaimer: I hate the Tories, whose only guiding political principle is to do whatever they think might help them hold onto power. But I also hate the abuse of logic that is represented by the above comment.

  10. #20

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    29,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Disclaimer: I hate the Tories, whose only guiding political principle is to do whatever they think might help them hold onto power. But I also hate the abuse of logic that is represented by the above comment.
    You might want to put Darmstadt onto your ignore list then.

    HTH

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •