• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who will win the French elections?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With 34 percent of the vote counted, France's Interior Ministry says that far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen is leading with 24.6 percent of the vote followed by centrist Emmanuel Macron with 21.9 percent.
    Its very close...
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Perhaps. I think that's the most likely; but 'events' dear boy, 'events' do not make it a racing certainty.
      Not a certainty, but it would need some monumental events in the next week to change it. With Brexit and Trump, the polls were consistently close, but many were unwilling to suspend their disbelief. Here, the polling of Macron vs. Le Pen has never been within 15%, which is far beyond the bounds of polling error.

Comment

Le Pen will win.

If things carry on like this Germany will vote in a far right candidate. Actually that has never happened before so why would it start now...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Le Pen will win.

If things carry on like this Germany will vote in a far right candidate. Actually that has never happened before so why would it start now...
          I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I see what you did there
            I find it incredibly sad that inequality between rich and poor is getting greater. So the poor respond by blaming immigrants instead of the rich....

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Not a certainty, but it would need some monumental events in the next week to change it. With Brexit and Trump, the polls were consistently close, but many were unwilling to suspend their disbelief. Here, the polling of Macron vs. Le Pen has never been within 15%, which is far beyond the bounds of polling error.
              Presumably all the people that are likely to vote for LePen did so already; she won't pick up any votes from the failed candidates. So that means in the second round it could be 78%-22%.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

be afraid......be very afraid.

Macron pledges punishment beatings for anyone daring to leave the EU
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I find it incredibly sad that inequality between rich and poor is getting greater..

As a rich person, I find it very cheering.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    Presumably all the people that are likely to vote for LePen did so already; she won't pick up any votes from the failed candidates. So that means in the second round it could be 78%-22%.
                    That would be the traditional outcome. I think he'll will but the margin won't be anything like as stark.

Interesting that Macron only started his party a year ago. That's enough to make Le Pen the establishment figure

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      Interesting that Macron only started his party a year ago. That's enough to make Le Pen the establishment figure
                      She inherited the party as well.

It is interesting how the French have turned towards a sensible anti-establishment figure, whereas the British and Americans were seduced by voting against "The Establishment" but don't appear to have thought about what they were voting for.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X