• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain for trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie exodus also starts Blue Riband biscuits will no longer be produced in the UK.

Blue Riband biscuit production to be moved to Poland - BBC News

Comment

An interesting article about EU regulations:

Brexit leaves industrial firms staring into regulatory void | Reuters

Currently, for example, drugmakers in the European Economic Area, or single market, can tap the entire market of 500 million potential patients with a single EU marketing approval. The single market includes Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway as well as the EU.
      A good point, if the UK is also subject to single EU approval for medicines, and obviously the same principles apply to every other market, then effectively it remains in the EU subject to EU law, otherwise the UK becomes a "fragment market" with a huge bureacracy repeating what is done in the EU and forcing larger companies to double their efforts in gaining regulatory approval.

This obviously makes sense to Brexiteering politicians.....
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        An interesting article about EU regulations:

Brexit leaves industrial firms staring into regulatory void | Reuters

A good point, if the UK is also subject to single EU approval for medicines, and obviously the same principles apply to every other market, then effectively it remains in the EU subject to EU law, otherwise the UK becomes a "fragment market" with a huge bureacracy repeating what is done in the EU and forcing larger companies to double their efforts in gaining regulatory approval.

This obviously makes sense to Brexiteering politicians.....
        Being in HEOR I know a little about this.
        The MHRA is nowhere big enough to do drug approvals - expanding it to do so would cost millions or billions we don't have.
        And it wouldn't make sense anyway since as you say UK pharma needs to sell into Europe, the 2nd most lucrative market after the US.
        So as far as drug regulation goes we'll be following EU rules for the foreseeable future - or kill off one of Britain's few success stories.

There's a lot of complexity that drooling Brexiters overlooked when they ticked that box
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Tell us more about "Halfwits existing on Royalties".

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The MHRA is nowhere big enough to do drug approvals - expanding it to do so would cost millions or billions we don't have.
            And it wouldn't make sense anyway since as you say UK pharma needs to sell into Europe, the 2nd most lucrative market after the US.
            So as far as drug regulation goes we'll be following EU rules for the foreseeable future - or kill off one of Britain's few success stories.

There's a lot of complexity that drooling Brexiters overlooked when they ticked that box
            From my dealings with them - there seems to be no shortage of money at the MHRA so they probably could expand. The worrying impact will be the estimated 150 additional days taken to make available new medicines. People will die.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              From my dealings with them - there seems to be no shortage of money at the MHRA so they probably could expand. The worrying impact will be the estimated 150 additional days taken to make available new medicines. People will die.
              Mainly elderly Brexiters. Kind of a mega year for the Darwin Awards.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let's give our MRHA the £350 million the EU takes every week.

Comment

Working...
                X