• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain for trade deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain for trade deal

For the absence of doubt as reported in all the press including the cretin's in-house rag:

BREXIT: Trump 'will put Brussels before Britain in trade talks' after Merkel meeting | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Yet again reality intrudes into Brexit fantasy land.

You gotta laugh.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    For the absence of doubt as reported in all the press including the cretin's in-house rag:

BREXIT: Trump 'will put Brussels before Britain in trade talks' after Merkel meeting | UK | News | Express.co.uk

Yet again reality intrudes into Brexit fantasy land.

You gotta laugh.
    Well that just proves that we don't want to be in the stupid meanies' club anyway.

Comment

We are not permitted by the EU to negotiate trade deals until we have left, or they will take punitive action upon us. But it doesn't stop the EU negotiating a trade deal with the US.

Personally a U.S. EU trade deal i see as a good thing, and if they get it swiftly, great.

Why the EU considers it acceptable to straight jacket the UK - I don't know. It's almost like they see us as a threat? Curious.

Overall the EU has been quite vindictive so far, quite embarrassing really, like the psycho ex who keeps making a scene.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Why the EU considers it acceptable to straight jacket the UK - I don't know. I
        Taking a wild guess here.... but was it because we told them to £@$@ off on the back of a campaign won with hate and lies?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

We are not permitted by the EU to negotiate trade deals until we have left, or they will take punitive action upon us. But it doesn't stop the EU negotiating a trade deal with the US.

Personally a U.S. EU trade deal i see as a good thing, and if they get it swiftly, great.

Why the EU considers it acceptable to straight jacket the UK - I don't know. It's almost like they see us as a threat? Curious.

Overall the EU has been quite vindictive so far, quite embarrassing really, like the psycho ex who keeps making a scene.
          Is this a special vindictive punishment imposed on the UK or a condition of EU membership?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Is this a special vindictive punishment imposed on the UK or a condition of EU membership?
            It's vindictive. Shows the EU in its true colours.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

You're living proof that people should pass an IQ test in order to obtain a vote.
              The modern world is too complex for people of average intelligence and under to understand.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

If it is not a condition of membership, why doesn't the UK just go ahead and negotiate trade deals? What is stopping them?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  If it is not a condition of membership, why doesn't the UK just go ahead and negotiate trade deals? What is stopping them?
                  Why do you think we aren't?

Also Trump said the complete opposite a week or so back.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That is a massive blow to the UK. The one and only ace up their sleeve has now gone. This means the EU will get a deal with the US to compensate for the loss of UK export business but the UK won't, they'll have to wait.

May is increasingly reminding me of General Custer at Little Big Horn.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X