• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Over £500 PD - Is that What Constitutes Danger Money these Days?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Life changing amounts.
    For death in service?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      For death in service?
      Death is quite life changing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just in case, as you never know when that opportunity might come a knocking, I have invested in the following:-

A stylish waistcoat that just happens to double up as a bullet proof vest.

A rugged lap top bag,, which doubles as a bullet proof shield:-

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

A rugged lap top bag,, which doubles as a bullet proof shield:-

OK. Let’s recap. Draw the gun from the holster, knock the safety catch off, there’s one in the chamber, and move and fire and move and fire and move and fire. The terrorist is disorientated from the stun grenades. He doesn’t know what’s going on. Remember the double-tap, bang, bang.

Lovely stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
            OK. Let’s recap. Draw the gun from the holster, knock the safety catch off, there’s one in the chamber, and move and fire and move and fire and move and fire. The terrorist is disorientated from the stun grenades. He doesn’t know what’s going on. Remember the double-tap, bang, bang.

Lovely stuff.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Is that you hiding behind him?

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Just in case, as you never know when that opportunity might come a knocking, I have invested in the following:-

A man with a gun to protect me:

Comment

One place I worked built a prototype PC inside an armoured metal suitcase for use under fire or whatever, which was quite interesting (I think overheating turned out to be an issue). There were also those rugged Dell laptops - do they still make those?

Coding under gunfire would certainly get you motivated.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  One place I worked built a prototype PC inside an armoured metal suitcase to survive direct megaton class nuclear strike.

threaded
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    There were also those rugged Dell laptops - do they still make those?
                    Toshiba used to do them - not sure they were bulletproof but you could drive a car/tank over them.
                    I saw some Panasonic ones more recently being used by a tree-felling company.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      but you could drive a car/tank over them.
                      There are not a lot of small things that one could not drive a tank over...

Comment

Working...
                      X