• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new low for agents...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Process seems similar to circle recruitment. Never had problems with agencies yet though . Just do what they ask on time and don't complain too much? You don't seem to have waited at all

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Process seems similar to circle recruitment. Never had problems with agencies yet though . Just do what they ask on time and don't complain too much? You don't seem to have waited at all
      But they are screwing him around because he has to itemise his invoice....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        But they are screwing him around because he has to itemise his invoice....
        Or maybe they are just asking him to stick to the agreed process. We only have one side of the story.

Comment

I have always been asked to submit a timesheet and an itemised invoice.

I had a template.

For week ending XX/XX/XXXX

Mon Client hourly rate * 8
          Tue Client hourly rate * 8
          Wed Not working
          Thur Client hourly rate * 8
          Fri Client hourly rate * 8
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I had a template.

Wed Not working
            Yes, certainly not unusual especially if you can decide to take time off as when you deem appropriate during the week.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Fixed.

To answer your questions, I did follow the process outlined in the "welcome pack" and the contract. If there is a hidden process I was not aware of, I should have been told. My issue was not getting paid late (that's what courts, lawyers, and collection agencies are for if it happens), but the fact that they rejected both the timesheet and the invoice on a bulltulip basis, after I followed the procedures. You don't throw the first invoice out of the window at the start of a business relationship if you want it to continue in an amicable way. If you do that it just a sign of you trying to squeeze me and you get what you deserve from me--a bloody nose.

As far as I am concerned, if the client signs the timesheet and the invoice is issued for the correct amount and has all of the information required by law, that's that. Anything beyond that is pure B.S. If they need to verify the timesheets that's for them to do, not me.

I keep my payment terms to 7 days from the date of the invoice and deal quickly with agents/clients who play stupid. I have no desire to go begging to be paid. If I do work, I get paid.

If you feel generous enough to let the clients/agents to sit on your money, that's your choice, I don't give a tulip about how agents feel or what arrangements they have with their clients, because the agents get paid when we do the work for the client and that's why we deserve to be treated with respect.

I've had enough of crazy girlfriends who think they'd make a good recruiter, because they know how to boss about her boyfriends or abusive boyfriends who mix up contractors with their beaten up girlfriends. Seriously, they work for us and if they cannot treat us with respect they should get all of the tough love we have to spare.

It works in both ways, of course, we should treat our clients and agencies with respect too. And I do.

I know good agents, and I always stay in touch with them. They don't always have contract, and that's fine, that's life. This is a new agency and I took the contract for two reasons: financial and prestige. It will look good on my CV, but that doesn't mean I have to agree to be bossed about.
              You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I had a template.

Wed Not working
                I used the template provided by the client.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  Fixed.

To answer your questions, I did follow the process outlined in the "welcome pack" and the contract. If there is a hidden process I was not aware of, I should have been told. My issue was not getting paid late (that's what courts, lawyers, and collection agencies are for if it happens), but the fact that they rejected both the timesheet and the invoice on a bulltulip basis, after I followed the procedures. You don't throw the first invoice out of the window at the start of a business relationship if you want it to continue in an amicable way. If you do that it just a sign of you trying to squeeze me and you get what you deserve from me--a bloody nose.

As far as I am concerned, if the client signs the timesheet and the invoice is issued for the correct amount and has all of the information required by law, that's that. Anything beyond that is pure B.S. If they need to verify the timesheets that's for them to do, not me.

I keep my payment terms to 7 days from the date of the invoice and deal quickly with agents/clients who play stupid. I have no desire to go begging to be paid. If I do work, I get paid.

If you feel generous enough to let the clients/agents to sit on your money, that's your choice, I don't give a tulip about how agents feel or what arrangements they have with their clients, because the agents get paid when we do the work for the client and that's why we deserve to be treated with respect.

I've had enough of crazy girlfriends who think they'd make a good recruiter, because they know how to boss about her boyfriends or abusive boyfriends who mix up contractors with their beaten up girlfriends. Seriously, they work for us and if they cannot treat us with respect they should get all of the tough love we have to spare.

It works in both ways, of course, we should treat our clients and agencies with respect too. And I do.

I know good agents, and I always stay in touch with them. They don't always have contract, and that's fine, that's life. This is a new agency and I took the contract for two reasons: financial and prestige. It will look good on my CV, but that doesn't mean I have to agree to be bossed about.
                  You post reveals you have some deep seated problems.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You post reveals you have some deep seated problems.
                    Admit it, it was the reference to crazy girlfriends that tripped your sensibility filter wasn't it?

Now slow down.......and breathe........
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Admit it, it was the reference to crazy girlfriends that tripped your sensibility filter wasn't it?

Now slow down.......and breathe........

Comment

Working...
                      X