• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new low for agents...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Admit it, it was the reference to crazy girlfriends that tripped your sensibility filter wasn't it?

Now slow down.......and breathe........
    Actually I thought his rant was amusing especially when he went off topic and started talking about the crazy women he's gone out with, as that says a lot about him more than anything. He's the one who attracts the crazies or more likely makes them crazy with his behaviour.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      He's the one who attracts the crazies or more likely makes them crazy with his behaviour.
      Wow. And you can tell all that from a few posts in General?

Go Dr Ruth!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Actually I thought his rant was amusing especially when he went off topic and started talking about the crazy women he's gone out with, as that says a lot about him more than anything. He's the one who attracts the crazies or more likely makes them crazy with his behaviour.
        I didn't go out with those women. Read again what I wrote.

I had recruiters call me on weekends at 10:00pm trying to pressure me to accept rates well below markets rates on the basis that 'it would look good on my CV' and when I refused they proceeded to tell me 'mate, who do you think you are? you're not that good, let's be honest... in this market, you're luck to have an offer at all...' after telling me 'I think you're a fantastic candidate.' What caused them to change their tune was my refusal to accept the low rate. One kept chasing me for weeks and texting me "I really think you have made the wrong decision..." or "So, what do I tell the client?" ten times after I told him I won't take the job. I had enough of it and talked to his manager and that put a stop to it.

Another agency tried to pull a fast one and presented me with a "last minute additional request from their client"... a very aggressive NDA.

A female recruiter two weeks ago was trying to get me to accept a permie offer, because 'my CV showed I was not fit to be a contractor...' I asked her why she was calling me then? She told me she wanted to help me improve the quality of my life... I could hear kid screaming in the background and she was trying to cook a meal while trying to take care of her kid. I know her life must have sucked on that afternoon, but the tone of her voice and the way she was trying to make me doubt myself was not winning her any points with me. I put her phone number on my black list.

Another agent had their systems so badly set up that they were incapable of renewing contracts on time and I had to tell the client, 'I'm here to give my badge back.' The money was on the table, but the idiot did not know how to take it.

I have very low tolerance for BS. Agents make money when we work for clients. They need to make both sides happy. They seem to forget that when it comes to dealing with contractors. I always tell those who are doing a poor job that if they cannot handle the fact that contractors make good money, they should change jobs, because people who a worth good money should be treated with respect and not with contempt.
        Last edited by squarepeg; 26 April 2017, 04:47.
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post

I had recruiters call me on weekends at 10:00pm trying to pressure me to accept rates well below markets rates on the basis that 'it would look good on my CV' and when I refused they proceeded to tell me 'mate, who do you think you are? you're not that good, let's be honest... in this market, you're luck to have an offer at all...' after telling me 'I think you're a fantastic candidate.' blah blah blah....
          You clearly have a tolerance for bulltulip otherwise you would know how to end the calls quickly when agents start rabbiting on about irrelevant things. You don't need to get into a conversation with them you just tell them you are ending the call now, say "Bye" and then put the phone down. If they ring again you ignore them.

Comment

I had recruiters call me on weekends at 10:00pm trying to pressure me to accept rates well below markets rates on the basis that 'it would look good on my CV' and when I refused they proceeded to tell me 'mate, who do you think you are? you're not that good, let's be honest... in this market, you're luck to have an offer at all...' after telling me 'I think you're a fantastic candidate.'
            I have very low tolerance for BS.
            Eh?
            Last edited by I just need to test it; 26 April 2017, 08:29. Reason: What Sue Ellen says, basically.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
              Eh?

Comment

I had recruiters call me on weekends at 10:00pm trying to pressure me to accept rates well below markets rates on the basis that 'it would look good on my CV' and when I refused they proceeded to tell me 'mate, who do you think you are? you're not that good, let's be honest... in this market, you're luck to have an offer at all...' after telling me 'I think you're a fantastic candidate.' What caused them to change their tune was my refusal to accept the low rate. One kept chasing me for weeks and texting me "I really think you have made the wrong decision..." or "So, what do I tell the client?" ten times after I told him I won't take the job. I had enough of it and talked to his manager and that put a stop to it.

Another agency tried to pull a fast one and presented me with a "last minute additional request from their client"... a very aggressive NDA.

A female recruiter two weeks ago was trying to get me to accept a permie offer, because 'my CV showed I was not fit to be a contractor...' I asked her why she was calling me then? She told me she wanted to help me improve the quality of my life... I could hear kid screaming in the background and she was trying to cook a meal while trying to take care of her kid. I know her life must have sucked on that afternoon, but the tone of her voice and the way she was trying to make me doubt myself was not winning her any points with me. I put her phone number on my black list.

Another agent had their systems so badly set up that they were incapable of renewing contracts on time and I had to tell the client, 'I'm here to give my badge back.' The money was on the table, but the idiot did not know how to take it.

I have very low tolerance for BS. Agents make money when we work for clients. They need to make both sides happy. They seem to forget that when it comes to dealing with contractors. I always tell those who are doing a poor job that if they cannot handle the fact that contractors make good money, they should change jobs, because people who a worth good money should be treated with respect and not with contempt.
                And breathe...

Comment

You and me both .

Maybe you're not quite earning enough?

It sounds as though you deal with monkeys rather than the agency account managers.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

If you have a low tolerance for BS then you shouldn't be a contractor

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

I used the template provided by the client.
                      For the Invoice?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X