• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new low for agents...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new low for agents...

Refusing to pay the first invoice... (yes, the timesheet has been signed) Oh, well... there are other clients :-)
    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

And??
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just a though, but have you considered dunning them?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Just a though, but have you considered dunning them?
        Emailed CEO and Business Dev Manager at the agency and will talk to the client tomorrow. If I don't get paid by midnight 2 May I walk on 3 May.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
          Emailed CEO and Business Dev Manager at the agency and will talk to the client tomorrow. If I don't get paid by midnight 2 May I walk on 3 May.
          Flippen heck. You contracting days will be over before they've begun.

2.5 months was my worst agent I had between completed work and invoice being paid. Really should have sent alarm bells ringing, but did not know at the time.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Flippen heck. You contracting days will be over before they've begun.

2.5 months was my worst agent I had between completed work and invoice being paid. Really should have sent alarm bells ringing, but did not know at the time.
            I have kept my side of the deal. They are creating more and more convoluted obstacles to payment, even though I followed their instructions. So, no, they are not going to play that game with me.

Comment

what are the payment terms?

how long has it been since you raised the invoice?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                what are the payment terms?

how long has it been since you raised the invoice?
                I raised the invoice today following their procedures outlined in the contract and the documentation. Those procedures look like they are specifically designed to make to difficult to submit the invoice on time. But I did it. They refused the invoice, because... it has a total sum, not 6 x daily rate (same total). They are also not accepting the timesheet as submitted (I sent it via email as instructed) unless it is sent by my to their email address, CC'ed to my managed and the manager replies to all confirming submission... they invented that procedure on the spot, as soon as I submitted the timesheet and the invoice via email as stipulated in the contract and the "Welcome" pack... also, the timesheets are paper, just to make it more difficult to meet the Monday deadline... I didn't miss it, so they made me miss it by inventing this bulltulip. I re-enabled my CV on Monster and JobServe.

I had agents miss payments, play tricks on me, but not on the first invoice. If they don't dispute the total on the invoice they have no grounds to delay payment. The client signed the timesheet, the invoice is correct, there is no reason to not OK it for payment.
                Last edited by squarepeg; 24 April 2017, 21:22.

Comment

Sucks... sounds like you've a cashflow problem.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Sucks... sounds like you've a cashflow problem.
                    Yes. To make it funny, I have the client running Experian background check on me... I should've run one on my agency.

Comment

Working...
                    X