• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Update on the Weber

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My parents were prolific drink/drivers and the advice from my dad was to take your keys out of your pocket and hide them on top of the wheel in the back passenger side (usually out of site behind wheel well) if you wanted to kip in the back seat. This way you can prove their is no intention to drive as you do not have the keys.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      no because the main motivation is safety, I have the kettle on the three legs which has never been a very stable or sturdy tool and when you stick the rotisserie on top with 5 or 6 kilos of meat on it, the whole thing is top heavy and an accident waiting to happen

people ask me about webers and I tell them to buy the performer, that's the one with a built in table and if I did it again I'd buy that one, but since it makes no economic sense to have two the next best option is the same as the rednecks in the US have done and build a grill table with the kettle built in...

https://www.google.com/search?q=webe...memade&spf=191

and it's a fun project and you can customize it and put funny things on there like bottle openers and such stuff

and it becomes more individual

Milan.
      Fair enough, I have the Weber with the 3 legs and yep it never seems that sturdy.

Comment

milan,
        do you by any chance call your weber "Wolfgang"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Weber

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          milan,
          do you by any chance call your weber "Wolfgang"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Weber

Shaun fer feck's sake is the best you can do, not even a funny smiley.

Old age or just tired ?

Milan.

Comment

Shaun fer feck's sake is the best you can do, not even a funny smiley.

Old age or just tired ?

Milan.
            Both!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Both!!

oh dear

go home and have a lie down

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                It always surprises me the range and depth of the knowledge we have on this forum. Most of it's crap but still.

Just to test the theory out. If you are drunk in the back seat of a car you can get done for drinking and driving. ..
                Not if you can throw the car keys into a hedge quick enough, and the cops can't find it.

OH in "the fount of all knowledge" mode
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

oh dear

go home and have a lie down

Milan.
                  Too busy cutting the lawns I'm afraid. Gave the butler the day off.

Comment

Too busy cutting the lawns I'm afraid. Gave the butler the day off.

I cut mine with the tractor yesterday for the second time this year, it's like sitting on a jack hammer for an hour !

Milan.

Comment

I cut mine with the tractor yesterday for the second time this year, it's like sitting on a jack hammer for an hour !

Milan.
                      Put one of these on mine a few years ago. Makes doing the lawn a breeze now.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X