• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Update on the Weber

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on the Weber

Good Afternoon Fellow Weber Fans,

this year I've taken on a challenging project which I've been wanting to do for a long long time.

I am making one of these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=webe...memade&spf=191

Anybody else got any interesting projects on this year ?

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

this year I've taken on a challenging project which I've been wanting to do for a long long time.

Milan.
    That's nice...

I've got a kettle myself with the rotisserie attachment. Did 2 very large free range birds on it last weekend in fact.

I've just moved to a thatched property though so may be reassessing my bbq operations.

Bit worried about sparks drifting up and setting my thatch alight.

Is that possible when using briquettes? I'd have thought it unlikely.
    Don't really want to go gas.

Comment

Milan.
      This is the barbie you want beansie - The Extra Large Green Egg - Looks like you can practically roast an ox on it!

Been meaning to buy one myself for a while, but so far higher priority expenses have precluded it.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        This is the barbie you want beansie - The Extra Large Green Egg - Looks like you can practically roast an ox on it!

Been meaning to buy one myself for a while, but so far higher priority expenses have precluded it.
        I have the large. It is an awesome piece of kit.

1 hour smoked pork loin over the weekend and 5hr ribs the weekend prior. Although my favourite is 3hr smoked spatchcocked chicken cooked at about 130 DegC.

Or if you're in a hurry you can cook a pizza at 500 DegC in a couple of minutes.

JFDI

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
          That's nice...

I've got a kettle myself with the rotisserie attachment. Did 2 very large free range birds on it last weekend in fact.

I've just moved to a thatched property though so may be reassessing my bbq operations.

Bit worried about sparks drifting up and setting my thatch alight.

Is that possible when using briquettes? I'd have thought it unlikely.
          Don't really want to go gas.
          You don't need to worry too much other than in the midst of a prolonged dry spell. In general, the outer thatch of a property remains a little damp most of the time (particularly during a "traditional" british summer).
          Most thatch fires occur when the internal dry stuff catches light, usually via the chimney space.
          That is not to say that you should be cavalier about raging blazes on the patio adjacent to the thatch, but it is not generally as combustible externally as some might think.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It always surprises me the range and depth of the knowledge we have on this forum. Most of it's crap but still.

Just to test the theory out. If you are drunk in the back seat of a car you can get done for drinking and driving. If you are drunk in the back of a motor home does the same apply?

Comment

Milan.
              Would a table next to the BBQ be just as good?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Just to test the theory out. If you are drunk in the back seat of a car you can get done for drinking and driving. If you are drunk in the back of a motor home does the same apply?
                No because it's designed for you to sleep in it and you are using it for just that. There is no intention to drive it. You are using it for what it's designed for.

That said you should take precautions.

Before you start drinking alcohol, you must:
                • Make sure your motorhome is already parked up for the night. Do not take the risk of having to move it later to the right place, even if it's just a short distance within the car park or into an adjacent field
                • Ensure your motorhome is not causing an obstruction. You should always consider whether you might be asked to move it later so
                • Have some evidence if possible of the duration of your stay, so that you could prove your intention to sleep overnight in the car park

After you've had a drink of alcohol, you must:
                • Never start up the engine in your motorhome
                • Never place the key in the ignition
                • Never sit behind the steering wheel or in the driver’s seat if it is facing forwards

Any or all of the above could be taken as indicators that you may be contemplating driving the motorhome and are more likely to attract attention from the police.
                And always remember that if you've had a lot of alcohol to drink, you may still be over the legal limit the following morning.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 25 April 2017, 13:40.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Would a table next to the BBQ be just as good?
                  no because the main motivation is safety, I have the kettle on the three legs which has never been a very stable or sturdy tool and when you stick the rotisserie on top with 5 or 6 kilos of meat on it, the whole thing is top heavy and an accident waiting to happen

people ask me about webers and I tell them to buy the performer, that's the one with a built in table and if I did it again I'd buy that one, but since it makes no economic sense to have two the next best option is the same as the rednecks in the US have done and build a grill table with the kettle built in...

and it's a fun project and you can customize it and put funny things on there like bottle openers and such stuff

and it becomes more individual

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    You don't need to worry too much other than in the midst of a prolonged dry spell. In general, the outer thatch of a property remains a little damp most of the time (particularly during a "traditional" british summer).
                    Most thatch fires occur when the internal dry stuff catches light, usually via the chimney space.
                    That is not to say that you should be cavalier about raging blazes on the patio adjacent to the thatch, but it is not generally as combustible externally as some might think.
                    says he of the dirt box cottage the dogging expert on damp thatches

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X