• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any vapers on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any vapers on here?

So what are you doing ahead of the TPD regs hitting on the 19th of May?

Anyone stocking up on tanks and plenty of 30mg bottles in the sales? Going down the DIY liquids route? Missed out on the Heisenberg sales so might have to look in to making my own.

What about coils. Anyone think it would be a good idea to stock up on coils or they will be in good supply for the foresable future?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So what are you doing ahead of the TPD regs hitting on the 19th of May?

Anyone stocking up on tanks and plenty of 30mg bottles in the sales? Going down the DIY liquids route? Missed out on the Heisenberg sales so might have to look in to making my own.

What about coils. Anyone think it would be a good idea to stock up on coils or they will be in good supply for the foresable future?
    What has Test Please Delete got to do with it?

Comment

Nanny state

one day at a time

Comment

So what are you doing ahead of the TPD regs hitting on the 19th of May? ...
        The what?!! Linky?

I sometimes vape, with a big Smok that looks like one of 007's disguised handguns. But I haven't used it for a while.

Was a bit worried about "popcorn lung", but apparently that's more of a risk with vaping fluids that contain sugar.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          The what?!! Linky?

I sometimes vape, with a big Smok that looks like one of 007's disguised handguns. But I haven't used it for a while.

Was a bit worried about "popcorn lung", but apparently that's more of a risk with vaping fluids that contain sugar.
          https://www.vapemate.co.uk/tpd/

https://cigelectric.co.uk/tpd-vaping...7-regulations/

n May 2017 the Tobacco Products Directive will come into force. This regulation was created in the EU parliament by un-elected officials, voted through by MEP’s and coincided with a massive increase in lobbying spend by tobacco and pharmaceutical industries. However as this was enacted into UK law in May 2016 the recent Brexit vote to leave the EU will not effect this current legislation, only a repeal of the law in UK parliament would change the current situation.
          Can no longer sell tanks over 2ml, no nicotine over 20mg and no bottled e-liquid over 10ml, no glass dropper bottles. Some other stuff like warnings on packaging, bottles have to be shrink wrapped in that plastic that's impossible to get off etc. We will be healthier but the Dolphins ain't gonna be pleased.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 25 April 2017, 15:39.

Comment

Odd I thought the tobacco companies had jumped on the vaping band wagon to ensure a steady income stream.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Another classic example of busybody EU law, or most likely they are worried about losing tax revenue from smokers!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Another classic example of busybody EU law, or most likely they are worried about losing tax revenue from smokers!
                No it's to protect your health. (Or more likely so the tobacco companies can work out how to make money out of you nicotine addicts.)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No it's to protect your health. (Or more likely so the tobacco companies can work out how to make money out of you nicotine addicts.)
                  So they think. There are yet to be any identified health risks associated with vaping. The PG and VG liquids are already regularly used as bases for many pharmaceuticals etc. I can get why they might want to get rid of 28mg nicotine but the whole directive hasn't been implemented on any known health issues like they do when the pile the pressure on cigarettes. The whole thing is very bemusing I must admit.

Liquids already have child proof tops but they now have to come in a packet showing a warning about nicotine and they have to have a shrink wrap thing on when buying them new. I mean.. how on earth is that helping anything. Just tons and tons more plastic waste.

Inversely I used it to stop smoking and have helped a couple of people do the same. I might not have bothered if I had to dick around with a tiny bottle and have to keep topping a small tank up every 20 minutes.
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 25 April 2017, 16:04.

Comment

So they think. There are yet to be any identified health risks associated with vaping.
                    The same was said with cigarettes.

The PG and VG liquids are already regularly used as bases for many pharmaceuticals etc. I can get why they might want to get rid of 28mg nicotine but the whole directive hasn't been implemented on any known health issues like they do when the pile the pressure on cigarettes. The whole thing is very bemusing I must admit.

Liquids already have child proof tops but they now have to come in a packet showing a warning about nicotine and they have to have a shrink wrap thing on when buying them new. I mean.. how on earth is that helping anything. Just tons and tons more plastic waste.

Inversely I used it to stop smoking and have helped a couple of people do the same. I might not have bothered if I had to dick around with a tiny bottle and have to keep topping a small tank up every 20 minutes.
                    Part of the (spurious) argument is because teenagers are using them and as the long term health effects aren't known it's dangerous. However it is clear the legislators have never been teenagers as they would be aware teenagers try everything....

Comment

Working...
                    X