• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will this be the first really tactical election ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Sadly, I think scooterscot already may not like me.
    Unless you're TestMangler's sockie, I think you can be pretty sure he doesn't like your either. This rule applies to anyone else reading the thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      So when you go to Parkhead to watch your beloved team, do you tell the people round about you to stop singing songs including '**** The Queen' and Tiocfaidh ár lá or do you hide your Union Jack undies and Tory badge and join in ?
      I wouldn't presume to tell others what to do or think.

You ought to give it a go.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Talking to parents at the school gates whom previously I would have thought Tory to a man (and woman), was shocked at how many were openly proselytising in favour of the Lib Dems.
        Anecdotal and London-centric I know, but still surprised me.
        Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
        Was just talking to someone in Scotland. He and several of his mates have agreed to vote for whoever they think has the best chance of beating the SNP in their constituency. For them, it's not a Brexit election, it's an Indyref2 election, and they think Nicola needs to take a beating (in political terms only, of course ).
        Shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone with half a brain should it? In both cases a significant proportion of the electorate is being herded down a road they aren’t happy with – SNP will lose some seats, Lib Dems will gain some.

Comment

For the first time in years, I'm actually not going to bother to vote.

Completely disinterested and uninspired.

Tories leave a nasty taste in the mouth. Labour are a shambles, Ukip probably have served their purpose.

That leaves the Lib Dems & since they've always been strong on a local level in the SW they'd be the favourites to get my vote if I bother, even though I voted for Brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

Tories leave a nasty taste in the mouth. Labour are a shambles, Ukip probably have served their purpose.

That leaves the Lib Dems & since they've always been strong on a local level in the SW they'd be the favourites to get my vote if I bother, even though I voted for Brexit.
            People died so you could vote
            Vote for the Monster Raving loonies or Greens if you must, but vote.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Typical brexiter

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                People died so you could vote
                Vote for the Monster Raving loonies or Greens if you must, but vote.
                Alright then.

I'll vote for this lot if they field a candidate

Comment

Alright then.

I'll vote for this lot if they field a candidate
                  To optimise the quality of life for all in Wessex
                  what about st helen?

Comment

It's already tactical in that May doesn't want to win the way people think. She wants a resurgence of Lib Dems to wipe out Labour so she can say she's listened to the people and Brexit is the wrong path and will hold another referendum. She doesn't want a stronger hand she wants to fold and get a new hand.

It's obvious that despite the UK seemingly holding strong cards (net contributor to the EU, net importer of goods that other countries will still want to sell whatever happens) the shackles (from the people with the real power) that bind any government will mean it's a typical cluster**** as per most government initiatives. Seen time and again in U-turns.

There's as much chance of May getting a Brexit that would be in the UK's interest as there is Trump getting a wall across the border with Mexico that would be in the USA's interest.

So like most elections it's just a load of bollox. They'll promise and not even attempt to deliver yet the population still fall for it every time.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Doubtless the BBC will be publicizing this for all it's worth, in a last ditch attempt to affect the election outcome and frustrate Brexit, as they are sasgurus to a man and woman!
                      Sure they are.

Kind of with you here, although UKIP were always a nasty bunch regardless; they have definitely had their day. Labour are a mess and even though in the past I've liked them, and like Corbyn, he's far too left-wing and idealistic - what he seeks is laudable but it's simply not realistic and would make things worse if he tried to implement it (apart from rail nationalisation possibly). I used to like the Lib-Dems but their "cancel Brexit at any cost" mantra sticks in my throat.
                      As for the Tories, well they are at the same time accused of pulling us further to the right but at the same time endorsing the "fairness" trend with a clear plan to increase taxes. I don't believe raising taxes is necessary or helpful.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X