• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will this be the first really tactical election ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this be the first really tactical election ...

...whereby people don't automatically vote for their first choice party?
    Talking to parents at the school gates whom previously I would have thought Tory to a man (and woman), was shocked at how many were openly proselytising in favour of the Lib Dems.
    Anecdotal and London-centric I know, but still surprised me.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Talking to parents at the school gates whom previously I would have thought Tory to a man (and woman), was shocked at how many were openly proselytising in favour of the Lib Dems.
    How do you vote?

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      How do you vote?
      Send the butler down to do it on my behalf. In his own time of course.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Anecdotal and London-centric
        Isn't that the basis for all your extrapolations?

Anyway, no. HTH.

Comment

On the plus side Karen Danczuk might be running in our area. I might be inclined to attend some meetings and get involved in policits a little more
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

was shocked at how many were openly proselytising in favour of the Lib Dems.
            Anecdotal and London-centric I know
            So in the very heartland of Remainerdom, a large number of people were contemplating voting for the only major party that would try to reverse Brexit.
            And this surprised you did it?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaah
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              How do you vote?
              He votes with his feet...

Comment

It's because the discussed and agreed it at Priscilla and Tarquin's garden party last week.

Comment

Was just talking to someone in Scotland. He and several of his mates have agreed to vote for whoever they think has the best chance of beating the SNP in their constituency. For them, it's not a Brexit election, it's an Indyref2 election, and they think Nicola needs to take a beating (in political terms only, of course ).

Comment

BBC covered this, was that your inspiration?

Tactical voting: The early signs it could really take off in 2017 - BBC News

It's certainly got more public attention with the whole https://www.tactical2017.com thing.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X