• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price crash signs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price crash signs

Gap between high and low LTV lending widening | Mortgage Introducer

The price gap between high and low loan-to-value mortgage lending is widening, Moneyfacts.co.uk research shows.
    Help to Buy: Government to end mortgage guarantee scheme | The Independent

The Government has signalled the end of one of David Cameron’s flagship housing policies, the Help to Buy mortgage guarantee scheme. In a letter to the Bank of England on Thursday the Chancellor Philip Hammond said the scheme would not be extended beyond 2016.
    London house prices suffer biggest annual fall for six years: report reveals sellers could pay dearly for over-pricing homes in current market | Homes and Property

Average asking prices of homes in the capital have fallen by 0.4 per cent in a year, the biggest annual drop since April 2011.
    House prices in London's most expensive hotspots fall nearly 7% in a year | This is Money

Since December 2014, average property prices in London's most exclusive boroughs have fallen by 12.5 per cent, the figures show.
    And most importantly...

Economists predict housing crash won't happen in 2017 | Property Reporter

Economists predict housing crash won't happen in 2017
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

The housing market already crashed.

It's back in a boom now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      The housing market already crashed.

It's back in a boom now.
      House price growth falls to four year low says Halifax - Citywire

Annual house price growth as measured by Halifax has fallen to 3.8%, its lowest level since 2013 and well below analyst’s expectation of 4%.

The rolling quarterly rate of change stood at 0.1% in the three months to March, the lowest figure since October last year.

Halifax housing economist Martin Ellis pointed to increasingly stretched affordability as the primary driver of slowing momentum, with sales volume 0.1% lower between January and February, the first period-on-period slide in five months.

‘A lengthy period of rapid house price growth has made it increasingly difficult for many to purchase a home,’ said Ellis.
      Oh okay then.

Comment

Tories take and will take even more money from the middle classes - despite low interest rates there simply won't be enough money to support the bubble, property crash is imminent now that I bought my flat last year...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Tories take and will take even more money from the middle classes - despite low interest rates there simply won't be enough money to support the bubble, property crash is imminent now that I bought my flat last year...
          Household saving rates hit record low on consumer spending | This is Money

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...isis-fknw9xmp2

Credit card debt is rising at its fastest rate in more than a decade, according to the Bank of England, which will review whether banks have made borrowing too easy for customers.

Borrowing on credit cards increased by 9.3 per cent in the year to February, the highest rate of growth in 11 years and up from 8.6 per cent in January.

Comment

However, if you want an intelligent and balanced counter argument:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/32685...-brexit-fears/

BREXIT PROPERTY BOOM House prices to rise by £52,000 over the next four years despite Brexit fears

Comment

I can't see the bubble bursting until interest rates rise.

Considering they been so low for so long, it would surely be a disaster for the economy if they went up?

Comment

3.8% - "well below analyst’s expectation of 4%" - of a leveraged investment is a better return than you will find pretty much anywhere else in this low rate environment.

And that's not even including the rental income.

With a bit of effort you can yield 10%+ but it wouldnt be a silent investment.

The property market is in for a rough ride these next few years but there is little alternative for savings or investments. Personally I would not trust the stock market; it's far more manipulated than the property market.

Comment

There won't be a proper crash until building increases dramatically or population growth is limited. Politicians cannot afford either soaring interest rates or a housing crash so at best the prices will stagnate.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yes. It's all about you.
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X