• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expenses, what can i get away with......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expenses, what can i get away with......

Afternoon All,

My question is.

I have a business account that is full of cash and i'd like to spend some of it. But can i spend some of this say in John Lewis on new garden furniture and also buy say a computer for my office all on the same invoice?

Do i need to supply an itemised invoice or just the receipt for the final payment with an explanation of the goods/services?

I appreciate that this is slightly dubious, just curious as to what i can get away with...

Thanks
    Maximus

Originally posted by Maximus77 View Post
    Afternoon All,

My question is.

I have a business account that is full of cash and i'd like to spend some of it. But can i spend some of this say in John Lewis on new garden furniture and also buy say a computer for my office all on the same invoice?

Do i need to supply an itemised invoice or just the receipt for the final payment with an explanation of the goods/services?

I appreciate that this is slightly dubious, just curious as to what i can get away with...

Thanks
    Maximus
    Get an electronic receipt in PDF format for your order, and then with a PDF writer, you can change the content to whatever is most tax efficient.

It is slightly dubious, but you will probably get away with it.

Comment

Why don't you just inherit your furniture like normal people?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        Why don't you just inherit your furniture like normal people?
        He's common....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You can get away with anything...
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

.. as long as you don't get caught.

Comment

You'll be able to 'get away' with a new pond
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You can get away with anything...
                Do HMRC ever raid contractors' houses like they raid football clubs?
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Well HMIT can attend if the address is registered as the company address can't they?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    No, but they did once send Special Branch to ask Admin about Brillo.

Comment

Working...
                    X