• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question to the Corbyn supporters here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to the Corbyn supporters here

Jeremy Corbyn puts Labour spending plans under spotlight - BBC News

Shadow business secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey discussed on Sunday's Andrew Marr Show how Labour would raise money to pay for £63bn of extra spending.
    "Corporation tax was 28%, it's now dropping and is due to drop to 17% - and indeed both the prime minister and chancellor threatened to drop it even further if Brexit didn't work and they would go down to an Irish figure of 12%.

"On a calculation of OBR figures, [it] shows that by 2022 £70bn will have been given to corporations and the very wealthiest by tax breaks and tax cuts - we would reverse the corporation tax cut, yes, and put corporation tax up."

Mr Corbyn said some of the cash would come from inheritance tax and the threshold for higher paid earners.

https://www.ft.com/content/0914c192-...a-538b4cb30025

John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, told the BBC that under Labour’s plans for “fair taxation” he would “look to corporations and the rich to pay their share” while keeping average levels of tax across the economy roughly the same.

Asked how he defined the rich, Mr McDonnell said: “The rich will be above £70,000 to £80,000.” According to the most recent data from HMRC, 95 per cent of income taxpayers in the UK make less than £70,000 a year.
    There are contractors here that welcome a return to 28% corp tax and 50+% income tax on earnings above £70K per year?

Are you guys on the bench or on £50 per day or something?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn puts Labour spending plans under spotlight - BBC News

https://www.ft.com/content/0914c192-...a-538b4cb30025

There are contractors here that welcome a return to 28% corp tax and 50+% income tax on earnings above £70K per year?

Are you guys on the bench or on £50 per day or something?
    From what I can gather, most of them (Corbyn supporters on this board, that is) are safely ensconced overseas and paying zero or little UK tax. Those that aren't are clearly a phone call away from a padded cell.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      From what I can gather, most of them (Corbyn supporters on this board, that is) are safely ensconced overseas and paying zero or little UK tax. Those that aren't are clearly a phone call away from a padded cell.
      same as the bremainers then.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        same as the bremainers then.
        Possibly. But from the safety of my padded cell, I would like to point out that not all bremainers are corbynists. I certainly am not one. He's a frightful little man. Like Ken Livingstone but without the wit.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Possibly. But from the safety of my padded cell, I would like to point out that not all bremainers are corbynists. I certainly am not one. He's a frightful little man. Like Ken Livingstone but without the wit.
          That because he is a muggle. And that is true because Boris said it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            ouch you know its bad when Red Ken is the winner in the comparison.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Corporation tax up - they really don't have a clue

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                From what I can gather, most of them (Corbyn supporters on this board, that is) are safely ensconced overseas and paying zero or little UK tax.

My ballot paper will be arriving soon. Corbyn or SNP - decisions decisions.

If you want Brexit to work you must be willing to pay for it. More tax is the obvious answer.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Corporation tax up - they really don't have a clue
                  The Tories have near tripled the debt in their tenure. More alarmingly they did so a a rate twice as fast at the Labour government bestowed us with the original debt.

Now tell me again who doesn't have a clue.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Its Amazing how much Corbyn has stated he is going to use corporation tax to pay for everything, this is the third spending statement made and corp tax will pay for it, sounds a bit like Milliband he used to state Bankers bonuses as the way he would pay for everything, complete tosh.

Bit of a dilemma here, never voted Conservative and never will due to their complete disregard for people in general, vote for Lib Dem is going nowhere and as Cons will win this with a landslide you have to wonder if voting for anyone is going to be worth the effort.
                    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Working...
                    X