• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Why is it up to the government and thus the people via taxation to house people.

Maybe lets look at why people are ending up in this situation rather than just chucking them a free meal ticket?

And if it turns out they are in that situation because they are lazy feckless muppets then let them rot.

In 25 years the UK will be free of this scourge of scroungers.

That's jus crass. You don't know the personal circumstances of each so why judge them on mass? The government first and foremost should provide shelter to those that need it. The whole of society cannot exist in utopia there's always some poor bugger propping up the prosperous. The prosperous should should equally take care of the less fortunate. Pray you never end up in the situation yourself when all is lost.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

We aren't building enough houses now though.
      When did we last build enough houses? For as long as I can remember, and unfortunately, I'm going back decades there has been a complaint that we're not building enough.

Yet everywhere I drive I can see houses being built.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        When did we last build enough houses? For as long as I can remember, and unfortunately, I'm going back decades there has been a complaint that we're not building enough.

Yet everywhere I drive I can see houses being built.
        China can build a block of flat in 48 hours. The UK needs 48 weeks just to prepare the planning application.

Last edited by scooterscot; 27 April 2017, 08:41.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          China can build a block of flat in 48 hours. The UK needs 48 weeks just to prepare the planning application.
          China can get you a kidney transplant in no time at all, but that doesn't make it a model to emulate.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            China can get you a kidney transplant in no time at all, but that doesn't make it a model to emulate.
            Looks nice and safe to me

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

So, if we aren't building enough "houses", how come there are so many empty properties in London?
              Oh yeah, cause foreigners are buying them as investments, but not living in them. (But they are investing in the UK, so we love those sorts of foreigners, and they push up house prices too).
              And then how many people have second or third homes that they don't use much?

So, what needs to happen is more council properties need to be built and these properties not sold off. Forget about "affordable housing" that is a con to allow wealthy people to buy houses cheap then sell them on at a great profit after a couple of years.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

http://uk.businessinsider.com/proper...-london-2017-4

So, roughly 200,000 ghost homes in the UK and roughly 250,000 homeless people in the UK.
                But the solution from the alt-reich is to force anyone who is not white and paying taxes out of the country.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Property Partner: 20,000 'ghost' homes sitting empty in London, worth £9.4 billion - Business Insider

So, roughly 200,000 ghost homes in the UK and roughly 250,000 homeless people in the UK.
                  But the solution from the alt-reich is to force anyone who is not white and paying taxes out of the country.
                  Preferably with blond hair and blue eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    original PM is a typical far-right type - just one rung above the bottom of the economy - precarious, angry and venting his anger at those just below him to preserve his dreams of respectability. One of the many tragedies is that he will be among the early victims if the safety nets of free healthcare, child benefit, working tax credits etc. disappear in the state he envisages.
                    Ooh you are such a b!tch!

The point I was really trying to make is that you do not solve the problem by housing people who cannot manage to house/look after themselves - you simply make it look like the problem has been solved.

To really help these people you need to understand why they are in the situation they are in and address the underlying root cause.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      That's jus crass. You don't know the personal circumstances of each so why judge them on mass? The government first and foremost should provide shelter to those that need it. The whole of society cannot exist in utopia there's always some poor bugger propping up the prosperous. The prosperous should should equally take care of the less fortunate. Pray you never end up in the situation yourself when all is lost.
                      All well and good, but where I am I know a solid percentage are 'on the take' just by the number of people on disability living allowance. The figure is one in nine before you ask (oh and one in six in certain areas).

Comment

Working...
                      X