• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    When did we last build enough houses? For as long as I can remember, and unfortunately, I'm going back decades there has been a complaint that we're not building enough.

Yet everywhere I drive I can see houses being built.

The Today Programme on Radio 4 answered my question this morning ( not, sure if they read CUK - but most of the BBC presenters are contractors so they might ).

Basically, they had some historic clips of politicians ( including Churchill ), berating the opposition for failing to build enough houses.

So as a country we've not been building enough housing since 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      The Today Programme on Radio 4 answered my question this morning ( not, sure if they read CUK - but most of the BBC presenters are contractors so they might ).

Basically, they had some historic clips of politicians ( including Churchill ), berating the opposition for failing to build enough houses.

So as a country we've not been building enough housing since 1945.
      We have been building plenty of housing. Just not enough for the population growth. So we either have to agree to build even more(and become more densely populated). Or stop population growth.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I wonder why some politicians have a weird compulsion to use words like "mugwump" that few people have heard of.
        Because it dominants the news agenda for the day. The media lap it up.

Borris calls Corybn a mugwump and it's the lead item. It's all Borris, Borris, Borris on the news. Fake outrage from the Liberals, fake outrage from Labour. It's all about how Corbyn isn't fit to run the country and it brings the focus back to Corbyn's personality rather than Labours policies.

Any Labour MP who tries to defend Corbyn is immediately reminded of his/her own words ( the majority of them being on the record as having said that he's not fit for the role during Labours bitterly fought leadership shambles. )

In the meantime PM May is just out there being calm, assured and standing above the fray. So regardless of your political views, if you just looked at yesterdays' news most people would conculde that May is the better candidate for PM.

If Borris had said : "Corybn is unsuited to by PM" .... that would have got precisely zero air time.

Borris is a skilled media operator.

Comment

Working...
        X