• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We told you so!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I fear you might be serious... The EU was established to ensure peace. Fix it by all means. But don't destroy it.

I know for most people living in Britain they are separate. The reverse is true for most people living in Europe. Must people living in Europe I'd wager support the idea of a union.
    I fear you might be serious...

The UK leaving the EU doesn't destroy it!

You still have 27 members - who by all accounts are more united than ever.

The UK is still part of NATO. And unlike other members it fulfils its obligations...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I fear you might be serious... The EU was established to ensure peace. Fix it by all means. But don't destroy it.

I know for most people living in Britain they are separate. The reverse is true for most people living in Europe. Must people living in Europe I'd wager support the idea of a union.
      No sh*t Sherlock, we are an island .

Seriously though, this had always had a bearing on any kind of union IMO, especially when we were considering adopting the Euro.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I fear you might be serious...

The UK leaving the EU doesn't destroy it!

You still have 27 members - who by all accounts are more united than ever.

The UK is still part of NATO. And unlike other members it fulfils its obligations...
        Is 2% a target or an obligation?

Comment

You brexit guys keep thinking its all about money, the EU...
          I keep hearing in radio where Glorious Nigel say German carmakers won't allow not to have trade deals etc bla bla bla.
          I think you are missing the point

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            Is 2% a target or an obligation?
            It's a commitment.

Comment

The EU suddenly appeared of the back of the EEC - which was designed to assist with trade deals.

At no point has the EU done anything for keeping peace in Europe - they may say they do - but people say a lot of things you can see what they actually mean when you analyse the actions taken.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                You brexit guys keep thinking its all about money, the EU...
                I keep hearing in radio where Glorious Nigel say German carmakers won't allow not to have trade deals etc bla bla bla.
                I think you are missing the point
                Does Germany care whilst it's preoccupied schmoozing Russia with new car factories?

Comment

So 45% think it's wrong to leave the EU, and yet 48% voted to remain. Not exactly progressing in the right direction (which in your case should be to the nearest airport).
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    So 45% think it's wrong to leave the EU, and yet 48% voted to remain. Not exactly progressing in the right direction (which in your case should be to the nearest airport).
                    Oh give me a year of grace period,

My gf is all like "**in brexit, I don't want to be here anymore" etc when I had doubts about leaving..
                    Last edited by diseasex; 27 April 2017, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                      Oh give me a year of grace period
                      I'm sure that can be arranged, if we can find a suitably remote village with a vacancy for an idiot and a troll. You'll need to supply your own gimp-mask of course...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X