• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passive Aggressive Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I've had anything similar, I would say in fairness that I had probably cut up a 4x4 a bit, but wan't deliberate or the worse diving ever. The 4x4 driver went absolutely mental and for two or three miles was making hand signals, getting in front of me and slamming the brakes on.

So I thought, just leave it and let home deal with his own problems. I pulled over at a garage, stretched my legs, called 999 with the driver's number plate details and said that the driver appeared intoxicated, was attempting to cause an accident, and I couldn't be sure whether he was on his mobile phone or brandishing a small firearm.

Picked up a coffee and a bit later gave him a friendly nod as I passed him by at the side of the road discussing maters with the constabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The only time I've had anything similar, I would say in fairness that I had probably cut up a 4x4 a bit, but wan't deliberate or the worse diving ever. The 4x4 driver went absolutely mental and for two or three miles was making hand signals, getting in front of me and slamming the brakes on.

So I thought, just leave it and let home deal with his own problems. I pulled over at a garage, stretched my legs, called 999 with the driver's number plate details and said that the driver appeared intoxicated, was attempting to cause an accident, and I couldn't be sure whether he was on his mobile phone or brandishing a small firearm.

Picked up a coffee and a bit later gave him a friendly nod as I passed him by at the side of the road discussing maters with the constabulary.

Quality
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I do a lot of motorway miles every week and was always on it at 90 mph.

One day, I was tired and so stuck to 65 mph and found that I consumed 10 litres less petrol.

Ever since then, I have stuck to 65, i speed up a bit if I see a copper, but apart from that I get loads of drives annoyed at my slow driving.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Quality
          I felt rather sorry for him in the end. It's a bit sad really, watching a fat bloke on the side of the A14, trying to bribe a copper with surplus sledges in August.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Why get involved, you come out of this sounding a bit angry and stressed.
            Yep people who get involved are as bad as the ones who start it.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Yep people who get involved are as bad as the ones who start it.
              I didn't start it. But I certainly will finish it.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The best one was when this Woman, whilst on phone, tore off the bumper on the Mrs. car, before swiftly driving off.

Guess she was mighty surprised when plod called at her door a couple of months later.
                The couple of snaps on the Mrs. mobile and fuzzy matching of number plates did the necessary.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I didn't start it. But I certainly will finish it.
                  We are talking about road rage not pies!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    I do a lot of motorway miles every week and was always on it at 90 mph.

One day, I was tired and so stuck to 65 mph and found that I consumed 10 litres less petrol.

Ever since then, I have stuck to 65, i speed up a bit if I see a copper, but apart from that I get loads of drives annoyed at my slow driving.
                    and the really infuriating thing is you probably didn't add much time to the journey...

With the new Speeding Fines that came in on Monday you can expect a hell of a lot of expensive bans...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Yeah and Av101 is first under it. The
                      Your a sad bully my friend - face up to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X