• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Passive Aggressive Drivers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    2/10

Must try harder.

Is that your new strap line?

Comment

I rarely get road incidents but a few weeks ago whilst coming on to the M3 both myself and another driver at a roundabout thought it was our right of way which culminated in him almost driving into the side of me. He beeped his horn and appeared to be screaming abuse as I shoke my head and carried on driving.

I noticed he was now following me and his bulging eyes and bared teeth seemed to imply he wanted to discuss this more personally. He was coming up on my right hand side as I changed lanes to the right hand one. He changed to the left lane and accelerated.

I watched him in the mirror to see what would happen. The reason I changed the right hand lane was nothing to do with him, there was just a queue of traffic in the left hand one ... that he was now accelerating towards whilst watching me. He noticed after a couple of seconds and his eyes almost popped out of his head as he slammed on his brakes. My lane was clear so I carried on to the M3 and drove home. He seemed to lose interest in following me after that.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Is that your new strap on line?
        FTFY

You con't recruit Shauny even your customers aren't that desperate.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          FTFY

You con't recruit Shauny even your customers aren't that desperate.
          You'd be surprised how many lonely chubby-chasers there are in the North Devon farming community.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I rarely get road incidents but a few weeks ago whilst coming on to the M3 both myself and another driver at a roundabout thought it was our right of way which culminated in him almost driving into the side of me. He beeped his horn and appeared to be screaming abuse as I shoke my head and carried on driving.

I noticed he was now following me and his bulging eyes and bared teeth seemed to imply he wanted to discuss this more personally. He was coming up on my right hand side as I changed lanes to the right hand one. He changed to the left lane and accelerated.

I watched him in the mirror to see what would happen. The reason I changed the right hand lane was nothing to do with him, there was just a queue of traffic in the left hand one ... that he was now accelerating towards whilst watching me. He noticed after a couple of seconds and his eyes almost popped out of his head as he slammed on his brakes. My lane was clear so I carried on to the M3 and drove home. He seemed to lose interest in following me after that.
            You should have driven him off the road and decapitated him

Comment

Originally posted by mdhd View Post

I have found something quite funny myself, when I was driving an old banger, people won't budge from fast lane. In this car though, people do actually move. Probably it looks like an unmarked police car =)
              Make/ Model?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                You can prove this is the case, and not just in your imagination, by driving with cruise control on all the time. Many times I've been motoring along at the set constant speed, and as my car draws level with another slower car in the left-hand lane, the latter gradually speeds up until it is sitting there level with me. So I just let them stay there.
                I've driven for miles with some bloke cosied-up to me on my left-hand side.
                Yep, happens to me time & time again. a 5 - 10 mph differential whittles away to zero.

My approach is slightly different, though, gentle pressure with the right foot to give a 10 - 15 mph differential, go past, allow the car to settle back to its previous cruise speed and, guess what? Yup the vehicle just overtaken gradually shrinks away to a small dot in the rear view mirror as he/ she resumes his/ her previous speed

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  I do a lot of motorway miles every week and was always on it at 90 mph.

One day, I was tired and so stuck to 65 mph and found that I consumed 10 litres less petrol.

Ever since then, I have stuck to 65, i speed up a bit if I see a copper, but apart from that I get loads of drives annoyed at my slow driving.
                  I'd love to know what motorways people are using to commute at 90mph, because it sure as hell ain't the M62.
                  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                  • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    You can prove this is the case, and not just in your imagination, by driving with cruise control on all the time. Many times I've been motoring along at the set constant speed, and as my car draws level with another slower car in the left-hand lane, the latter gradually speeds up until it is sitting there level with me. So I just let them stay there.
                    I've driven for miles with some bloke cosied-up to me on my left-hand side.
                    I do a few miles each way on the M62 through the roadwords, average speed 50mph. I like to set the cruise control at 48 and stay in the outside lane for a bit. Then when I see the yellow speed camera, pull over to the middle lane and watch everyone that was behind me speed up to 55 to get past
                    • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                    • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                    X