• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flame grilled burger?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flame grilled burger?

Explosion rocks McDonald's in France as police to shut down roads*

McDonald's Grenoble explosion in France sees road closures | Daily Mail Online
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Explosion rocks McDonald's in France as police to shut down roads*

McDonald's Grenoble explosion in France sees road closures | Daily Mail Online
    Stand down, PG. McDonald's burgers are not halal. Must be a lone wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      Stand down, PG. McDonald's burgers are not halal. Must be a lone wolf.
      They are halal in Malaysia - so I've heard.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Want me to point out the errors in their version of the story?
        1. The cached version of their headline included "after a large device went off"
        2. The source they claim to have got some of the story from (before they added in their own speculation/fabrications etc that appeal to their type of reader, does not exist. They claim it is from "La Dauphine". No such media source exists. Maybe they mean "Le Dauphine", but that would imply that the mail has made a mistake. Must be the EU's fault for the fail not being able to spell.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Flame grilled burger?

I wonder how long (if ever) they update the story to point out that all roads were reopened 2 hours after the explosion, traffic is flowing normally, and the security cordon is only around the building.

Source:
          http://www.ledauphine.com/isere-sud/...gle-a-grenoble

Comment

The facts so far:
            1. There was a fire at a restaurant.
            It appears the fire started in a toilet. No mention of any device.
            2. After the fire started there was an explosion.
            Is it just at all slightly possible that maybe a restaurant where they cook food in fat and use gas to cook with, that maybe, I mean this is a long shot here, but, speculating, if there was a fire near gas, could that cause an explosion? Just throwing that out there as an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              The facts so far:
              1. There was a fire at a restaurant.
              It appears the fire started in a toilet. No mention of any device.
              2. After the fire started there was an explosion.

Is it just at all slightly possible that maybe a restaurant where they cook food in fat and use gas to cook with, that maybe, I mean this is a long shot here, but, speculating, if there was a fire near gas, could that cause an explosion? Just throwing that out there as an idea.
              Aha!

Comment

I blame the EU's open door policy of letting them in. Send them home. We don't want your stinking fast food outlets here.

Comment

Working...
                X