• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thing could be worse, you could be a rich US hipster...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing could be worse, you could be a rich US hipster...

Fyre Festival turns from 'luxury' to 'disaster' with ticket-holders stranded in Bahamas - BBC Newsbeat
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Even the original intent does not look like luxury. Even my butler would not tolerate those conditions.

Comment

Being poor is like the Fyre festival but all the time, rich people told

The hellish existence being experienced by the rich kids in the Bahamas is available in most refugee camps and doesn’t cost $12,000, according to reports.

Comment

Useful to know that it's easy to get rich people to congregate on a remote island with no escape plan

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Useful to know that it's easy to get rich people to congregate on a remote island with no escape plan
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Howl do we get Tony Blair on one?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good article here, including the pitch deck

But for the investors who were able to glimpse Fyre’s pitch deck, little of this should have been a shock. The presentation, which I recently obtained and appears in full at the bottom of this page, is one of the most preposterous invitations for outside capital that I have ever seen (and that’s saying something). It’s hard to pin down, on some level, the most ludicrous element of the document. Perhaps it’s the fact that the 43-page deck resembles an amalgamation of a Miami Beach spa package with selfies you might find saved on a teenager’s smartphone. Or perhaps it’s the fact that the employees who work for Fyre (yes, it’s more than just a festival, it’s an app too!) are referred to as “The Fyre Squad.” Or maybe it’s that a pitch deck seeking $25 million in funding ends with a quote from the philosopher and poet Rumi, noting: “Seek those who light your flames.” Though, I’d venture to say that the most infuriating thing about the Fyre pitch deck is what occurs on page 21 through 25, in a segment called “The Fyre Starters.”

Comment

Working...
              X