• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Garden Bridge Project Scrapped.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Aye, that's the way to do it...

Shame nobody thought to do the same with all that oil money.
    Or the countries gold.

(You stupid taciturn Scottish chunt)

Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 28 April 2017, 18:05.
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      The point of it to me is London needed another road bridge out East, more than it needed this garden one.
      Exactly.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        The point of it to me is London needed another road bridge out East, more than it needed this garden one.
        Theres no local infrastructure to handle another road bridge its time for London to focus on different transport Ideas.

I hardly ever use a tube inside zone 1-2 as most of the time its easier / more healthy to walk.

The problem at the moment is that as the way rail fares stand when Tesla or Mercedes become fully autonomous it will be cheaper for me to climb in one of those and have it bus me back and fourth everyday than it would to use a train...

So much for reducing road use, when a GWR season ticket is more expensive than a 100k executive car...

Comment

Seems a bit dumb to spend 100s of millions on a new garden bridge when there is an existing bridge ready for planting out west:

'Cut-price' Garden Bridge could be created on abandoned river crossing in Barnes | London Evening Standard
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Seems a bit dumb to spend 100s of millions on a new garden bridge when there is an existing bridge ready for planting out west:

'Cut-price' Garden Bridge could be created on abandoned river crossing in Barnes | London Evening Standard
            Ah, but the Lumley's Garden Bridge was supposed to be a corporate event venue with the Houses of Parliament as a cool backdrop. It was supposed to be as much of a public space as the Sky Garden is.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
              Ah, but the Lumley's Garden Bridge was supposed to be a corporate event venue with the Houses of Parliament as a cool backdrop. It was supposed to be as much of a public space as the Sky Garden is.
              Barnes Garden Bridge also has potential to make some corporate cash. They could hire it out on Boat Race day. You can almost see the finish line from there.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Barnes Garden Bridge also has potential to make some corporate cash. They could hire it out on Boat Race day. You can almost see the finish line from there.
                So in short we have an alternative which is cheaper as the structure​ exists already it just needs plants etc on it plus it is still in a wealthy part of London.

Think I may need to write to the Mayor congratulating him on avoiding making me pay for a white elephant...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  So in short we have an alternative which is cheaper as the structure​ exists already it just needs plants etc on it plus it is still in a wealthy part of London.

Think I may need to write to the Mayor congratulating him on avoiding making me pay for a white elephant...
                  This and the fact that Corbyn pretty much disowned him suggest that he might be a serious contender once Labour decide to thank Mr Corbyn for his contributions to the Conservative party's successes in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                    This and the fact that Corbyn pretty much disowned him suggest that he might be a serious contender once Labour decide to thank Mr Corbyn for his contributions to the Conservative party's successes in recent years.
                    That's one reason why all well-known Labour MPs have been trying to become a Mayor. You become a successful Mayor and you are clearly a leader.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X