• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone ever owned a snooker table?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
    Not necessarily. I rented a couple of nice apartments in the past, each with a shared tennis court. I bought a decent tennis ball firing machine that exposed me to something no other play has - 80 ball rallies!

A friend in the same village, sadly no longer around now, had an extension built to house a full size table and bar. It's something I'd definitely like one day (not just the bar!).

In fact here is the property:

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Tanyard Lane, Staplefield, RH17

ha ha, in fact you can see in one of the pictures showing an aerial view of the land, the precise tennis court to the right that was on our premises.

Jesus, while I'm reminiscing about old times, here's the other place I mentioned with the other tennis court! Now that place was NICE.

2 bedroom apartment to rent in Balcombe, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17

There's a terrible theme to both these links though. Both featured properties were owned by two of my friends who both passed away in terrible circumstances and both before their time. Just goes to show that there's more to life than material wealth, i.e. 'life' itself.
    Last edited by oliverson; 29 April 2017, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Or, what is your equivalent luxury purchase and have you gone ahead and done it?
      I got married. A lot more expensive than a snooker table but frequently a lot more satisfying.

Comment

I bought one off Sarah Greene from Blue Peter. It was a bit scuffed and dipped slightly at one end..

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
          Not necessarily. I rented a couple of nice apartments in the past, each with a shared tennis court. I bought a decent tennis ball firing machine that exposed me to something no other play has - 80 ball rallies!

A friend in the same village, sadly no longer around now, had an extension built to house a full size table and bar. It's something I'd definitely like one day (not just the bar!).

In fact here is the property:

4 bedroom detached house for sale in Tanyard Lane, Staplefield, RH17

ha ha, in fact you can see in one of the pictures showing an aerial view of the land, the precise tennis court to the right that was on our premises.
          Wow, somewhere that makes my new place seem small and squalid, though for 1.3m that's rather to be expected Other than the carpet that games room looks very nice.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X