• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory Brexit Tax DOOM™: "absolutely no plans to increase the level of tax"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Pretty much.

Tories are the party of lower taxes, not low taxes.

Still if you want the rich*** to be slaughtered so that those on benefits have it all on a plate, vote Labour or LibDem.

*** Anyone earning over £60K.
    No Tories aren't the party of lower taxes.

Who brought the dividend tax in? The Tories.

Labour the anti-business party wouldn't dare.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tories are the party of lower taxes, not low taxes.
      They should be party of lower taxes than those they inherited from the previous Govt, either that or fook right off.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No Tories aren't the party of lower taxes.

Who brought the dividend tax in? The Tories.

Labour the anti-business party wouldn't dare.
        Labour moaning about Tory tax "give-aways" since 2010:

https://fullfact.org/economy/have-co...orth-tax-cuts/

“We asked the House of Commons to do some research in terms of the money that we would gain back if we reversed all of those tax breaks. As a whole it’s £70 billion in total by 2020.”
        Labour has pointed out that the government is set to lose £63.8 billion between April 2016 and April 2022 in corporation tax because of changes since 2010, according to the Treasury’s own estimates.

Corporation tax is the tax companies pay on their profits. It makes up the bulk of Labour’s quoted cost.

It’s true that there has been a step-by-step cut to the main rate of corporation tax, from 28% in 2010 to 17% in 2020, which has cost the government revenue.
        Labour also adds £5.4 billion worth of “giveaways” to banks in the form of reductions to the bank levy.

The levy was a particular kind of tax on banks, partly intended to stop them taking on risky funding strategies after the financial crisis.

It was introduced by the Coalition government in 2011 and cut in 2015. Labour is quoting the cost of the cut.
        Similarly, Labour says there have been £0.8 billion worth of capital gains tax “giveaways”.
        Labour’s figure for inheritance tax cuts comes from the “£1m couple’s allowance” that’s being phased in from 2017. This lets parents pass on part of their home tax-free.

It was a Conservative manifesto commitment designed to “take the family home out of inheritance tax”.

Overall, changes to inheritance tax since 2010 do seem to have reduced the tax paid on death. They will have reduced government revenues by around£140 million next year, rising to a forfeit of about £770 million each year by 2021/22.

Damn this friggin tax giveaway!

I want to vote and have an extra £70bn taxes to pay!

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Damn this friggin tax giveaway! I want to vote and have an extra £70bn taxes to pay!
          Let's take that £70 bln figure of extra taxes over 5 years - I reckon newly elected Tory Scum would increases taxes to avoid the same level, possibly more, in fact I reckon considerably more, I guess you'd feel really smug that Labour could have increased it further.

The objective should be to have at least one party that cuts taxes, if both main parties increase taxes (with one somewhat less than other) then they go both go fook themselves, at least Labour is more open about it and it's something anybody can expect from them, where as Tory Scum are blatant liars and I can't accept that tulip.

Comment

The Tories cleverly cut taxes that don't effect the majority of people.

For example the number of people who pay inheritance tax isn't large and those who know they are likely to pay it tax plan to avoid it.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              The Tories cleverly cut taxes that don't effect the majority of people. For example the number of people who pay inheritance tax isn't large and those who know they are likely to pay it tax plan to avoid it.
              Yeah, just PR really - I don't call it "clever", it's deceptive, in anything other than politics people go to jail for this fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Yeah, just PR really - I don't call it "clever", it's deceptive, in anything other than politics people go to jail for this fraud.
                Likewise they say dividend tax doesn't effect many people.

Yet a Tory government was the one who encouraged ordinary people to buy and hold shares plus wanted a flexible work force and entrepreneurs.....

Comment

Working...
                X